3. Norwegian Pearl
We have previously cruised with Carnival and Princess. The Pearl was very nice ship, however, a little dirty when things could simply have been wiped down. Unlike the Ruby princess when we felt everything felt spotless. Also considering the Pearl was in drydock and re-done this year, looked little old for such recent upgrade. The service the entire trip was excellent and 5 stars. Every crew member was extremely nice and helpful that we encountered. Now the bad, the food was horrible. Not as bad as Carnival, but not the quality I was expecting due to the price point being similar to Princess and not Carnival. Princess was excellent food even the room service food was very good and I believe was no charge. The main dining room food was at best okay and room service was barely edible and they charge a 7.95 fee. Im actually okay and understand a room service charge but you have to have good food. I am no foodie trust me, and I'm not blaming the chefs, I'm blaming the ingredients they must be forced to use. It really was not good. Like I said in my princess review I felt Guy's burgers on the Carnival Imagination was the best burger of all three ships, the NCL burgers were not good at all. We loved the Great Outdoors place to eat on the aft of ship outside, great place to sit outside and eat lunch/breakfast. They need more options in the buffet. A number of buffet type places to get food was plenty and very convenient. We have a couple RCCL cruises booked so we will compare the food to that cruise line as well.

NCL Pearl quick 4 night cruise.

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by cmsesq

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Porthole Window
cmsesq’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG
cabin was great, lots of storage space.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins