• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2009
Cabin:
Traveled with children

This was our first cruise ever and it was far more wonderful than I ever expected. Prior to our cruise I read many reviews that had many negative things to say about Glory and Carnival. Let me first say that I have no other cruise to compare this one with but if there were any better then more power to them. Embarkation- We arrived at Port Canaveral and unloaded our luggage and was assisted by their baggage guy. The check in process went smooth and in no time we were on the Glory. We went to the Lido (food)deck and had lunch. The cheeseburgers were great. The buffet had many selections and they were good. We then went to our cabin on the lower floor Rivera deck.

Cabin- the cabin we stayed in was larger than I expected. The room had a safe for us to store our valuables while we were not in our room. Our luggage arrived soon after we did and was all in one piece. Our room steward was very courteous and he kept our room immaculate. My win.k. They cleaned the shower heads everyday and changed the shower curtains. He would make our daughter a different animal with the towels every night before we got back in. It was almost spooky the way they would know when to clean your room when we were out. Never once did he knock to see if we were there while we were in the room.

Food- Absolutely magnificent. I am amazed at all of the negative reviews the food receives. We were very pleased. There were some items on the Lido buffet that we did not care for but there was always plenty of variety to chose from. The cheeseburgers were very good and so was the pizza. The deserts were plenty and very tasty. The main dining room, Golden for us, served very good dishes and you can order as much as you want. We would get two appetizers with every meal since the serving sizes were small. But honestly, we were never hungry since we ate buffet for breakfast and lunch. The chocolate melting cake that everyone raves over was like uncooked cake batter and was too rich. You need a pint of milk to go with it. It was good though.

was larger than I expected. Not great big but who sits in their cabin on a cruise.

Port Reviews

Nassau

Stay on the boat. The place looks like a run down flea market. The locals all approach you constantly asking if you need a cab, hair braiding, sodas sea shells.

St. Thomas

We did the shopping and Megan's bay tour. What a waste of time. The shopping was nothing more than a bunch of jewelry store with over priced jewelry and watches being sold by Indians or Pakistani's. Again a run down area. The deals, yea right, were no deals at all. Most of the watches were cheaper on Amazon. Megan's Bay was hailed as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Not. It was the smelliest ever. The sewage is drained to feed the plants by the beach and we had to endure that smell The water was not as clear as the pictures.

St. Maarten

This was our favorite as was the excursion. The scenery is beautiful.

previous reviewnext review