Coral Expeditions I Cruise Review

Very disappointing

Coral Expeditions I Cruise Review by 1Sandy

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand

Friends had indicated a cruise down the Kimberley coast was one of their best holidays yet. This trip was booked as a round trip from Broome to Darwin by coach and back to Broome by boat through APT/Travelmarvel. Previous experience with this company had proven to provide first class guides, accommodation and travel by boat, coach and train without having to double check each component of my journey.

The harsh reality of my experience on Coral Expeditions was a continuous feeling of sleep deprivation and discomfort as a result of the unlivable cabin I had been allocated. (see critique of cabin).

At no time had the cruise been described as an Ecological Study Tour . Though the guides were excellent there was no escape from the bombardment of information on fauna, flora, topography, geology and indigenous art and history as day tours were complimented by evening lectures or documentaries on the same. As a result, there was no other form of entertainment or distraction if you chose to stay onboard.

I also suffered a fall down a cliff face after a swim in an elevated lagoon. Coral Expedition personnel were responsible for safety however were distracted at the time of my fall even though they were standing on the same ledge I was descending to. As a result I spent 36 hours on my back without any follow-up on my condition.

1Sandy's Full Rating Summary

Cabin twin 106c

14 steps down a steep stairwell led to a very cramped, stuffy two bedded cabin. Given this cabin was below decks the noise from engines and hydraulics made sleep almost impossible as well as vibrations felt when lying down. The bathroom was so small that the lids of the toilet couldn't be lifted or dropped without hitting the toilet roll meaning the toilet roll had to be removed when in use. Only a small porthole allowed for natural light. Cupboard space was so limited most clothes had to remain in my suitcase.In short any cabins below deck should not be sold!

1Sandy