3. Oasis of the Seas
My wife and I and another couple who have never cruised before had the time of our cruising life. It's nothing like seeing cruise virgins being in awe. Their first time cruising not only with the best cruise line but on one of their best ships. This was our first time on the Oasis of the Seas but not our first time on an Oasis class ship. 3 years ago we cruised on the Allure and had a great time. So to answer one of your questions (smile) which is the better ship? They both were great and we had a great time on both. Cruising is what you make it you're on vacation and you should have fun!! Embarkation was smooth we had a Jr. Suite room 10636 which is an excellent cabin. It's right next to the owner suite and you have a bigger balcony so if you ever decide to do a Jr. suite on the Oasis I recommend this cabin. We sail through the embarkation but our friends had to wait since this was their first time but it was only about 20 minutes. Once that was complete we took our going on board pictures and in less that 5 minutes we were on the ship. The awe that was on their face PRICELESS!! (smile). When you enter the ship you enter on Deck 5 which is the promenade deck where you have Sorrento's the pizza parlor and the Promenade Cafe where you can get your specialty coffee's and tea and little finger sandwiches which comes in handy late at night after the shows (smile). Our Jr. Suite was huge and we had an excellent stateroom attendant Deni who took great care of us for the week. There are some who don't believe in tipping before the cruise start but I'm a firm believer is you tip them well on the first day there's nothing that you won't be able to request and not get it unless they absolutely can't do it. I got to know Deni and asked what kind of candy he likes and at the port's I made it my business to stop in and bring him back some of his favorite treats. I just think it's nice to be nice because they work so hard to make sure your vacation is the best. The suite has a huge balcony and a huge walk-in closet and a huge bathroom with a tub. We usually go for the large interior rooms but since it was just the wife and I we decided to do something different plus after this cruise we will be Diamond!! (smile). Can't say enough good things about the room and I'm sure the next time it's just the wife and I we will be trying for this room again. The entertainment well, everything was good except Cats the production. We really was looking forward to seeing Cats cause on the Allure we saw Chicago and it was excellent!! But Cats was not good at all and at intermission about an hour and 10 minutes into the show I would say about 95% of the audience got up and did not return. I felt bad for the actors but like they say the show must go on!! Outside of Cats everything else was great. The 2 comedians was very, very, funny. The Ice show Frozen in time was great and their special guest was great as well don't want to spoil it for you so i'm not going to say what or who it was and what they were doing. The Royal Caribbean production show was great Come Fly with Me, I recommend going to all the shows even Cats you just might like it and it you don't you don't have to stay the whole time (smile). We visited 3 ports which originally was not our itinerary, due to hurricanes Irma and Maria we did not got to St. Maarten, Puerto Rico and Labadee, Haiti instead we went to Nassau, Bahamas and Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico. Place the wife and I have been but not our friends so we did the port shopping tour which I highly recommend going to port shopping talk with Rocky and Ericka. They give away great prizes and they also fill you in on where to shop to get the best deals. Because of these two ladies I have purchase 2 Phillip Stein watches and they're great!! No taxes and no duty charge you can't beat that. In Nassau we went to Fish Fry which is on the other end of Paradise Island for some bahamian food. We had Cracked Conch (Fried, LOL) with some Peas and Rice and Plantains and some good tea from Frankie's restaurant which I highly recommend. You might be asking why buy food off the ship when you can eat all you want on the ship, well you're on vacation and you want to try something different plus we've been there before and we love bahamian food so give it a shot if you're ever in Nassau. Ok, I know this is long so finally the food. YUMMY!! Our servers were Gerson and Kumar at table 434 1st seating and the Head Waiter Rasheda Hines took very very good care of us for the week. Outstanding service from day 1 to 7 even though one night we ate in the windjammer cause they had caribbean night up there and they served Oxtails and Pea's and Rice and Plantains and Jerk Chicken. Now if you've never had Oxtails you have to find out what night is caribbean night in the windjammer and go and try them, simply delicious. On the first sea day we had lunch in the main dining room and they had a shrimp risotto and a smoke potato soup with bacon and it was so, so good!! So at dinner that night I mention to our waiter Gerson and our Head Waiter Rasheda about how good the shrimp risotto was that on the last night at dinner we order our dinner and she brought two bowls of the shrimp risotto. She had the chef to specially make them for us!! How can you not love this kind of service!! Debarkation was smooth 1 little tip if you grab a porter you don't have to stand in the long lines for custom. I know you will have to tip them but it only took us 20-30 minutes top to get our luggage go through customs and in our car heading home by 8:45 am. Once again thank you Royal Caribbean for making my vacation experience EXCELLENT!! I'm already booked for 2 more sailings with Royal Caribbean and I CAN'T WAIT!! I hope this has help someone in making their decision about cruising on the Oasis of the Seas.

Fantastic Voyage

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Sirwg3

Sirwg3’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

This cabin was right next to the owner's suite so our balcony was little larger than most Jr. suites. I will always try to get this room when it's just the wife and I (smile). The room was huge a lot of space, huge walk-in closet with plenty of hangers you will never run out of space. The bathroom was very nice and large with a full bathtub and great shower. I must say after you try a Jr. Suite you don't want to go back to any lower room you would only want to go higher. Great cabin excellent stateroom attendant Deni he took very good care of us for the week. I highly recommend this room.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans