This was our 5th cruise with Oceania. Once again, Oceania delivered an excellent cruise experience. Of course, not everything is perfect, but close enough to perfect to give them an excellent score. The embarkation process was a little backed up this time, but I think that was the cruise port, not Oceania, as they did not really have the facilities to accommodate the check-in process. All in all, we are on the ship within 45 minutes - not so bad. Disembarkation was quick and painless. Food: Oceania continues to be top notch for food, though I did have a few meals that were not quite up to their usual standards. The Terrace Cafe was great, with a good variety every day. Waves Grill was also great. I am usually a big fan of Red Ginger's Sea Bass, but this time, it lacked flavor. Everything else was good, except for the fish. Same at Toscana. I enjoyed everything except my main dish, the veal osso buco, which also lacked flavor. I actually feel bad complaining because overall the food was just fantastic. This time, we ate at Privee - what an experience! If you have the time, you should try to do it. It was simply elegant and a special experience. A few suggestions for the Executive Lounge and afternoon canapes: you may want to change it up a bit. You have had the same food since we took our first cruise years ago. Service: This is where they really excel. I had an allergy issue in our room. The Chief Housekeeper was there in 10 minutes. Within the day, they cleaned and steam-cleaned the entire room and changed all of the bedding to hypo-allergenic bedding. Problem solved! I can't say enough about how perfectly they handled the situation. Staff everywhere were friendly and helpful, though I really got annoyed at them for trying to take my plate in the Terrace Cafe to walk it to my table. I was perfectly capable of taking it there myself. Our butler was awesome and our housekeeper too. Shore Excursions: We used a mix of free Oceania excursions and excursions we booked on our own with others. The Oceania excursions were fine (though I would not pay full price for them - too pricey!). Only one complaint with one tour where they took us to an awful shopping place. Entertainment: Well, they are not really known for it so don't expect too much. That being said, the shows were not bad and I thought the entertainers worked very hard Overall, I still give Oceania an excellent rating - they consistently provide a superior experience. We are booked already for next year!

Oceania delivers again

wannaberetired’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH2 10041
The cabin, as usual, was great. Plenty of room and the bed is super comfortable.
Deck 11 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins