Scenic Jewel Cruise Review

Great cruise until the last two days

Scenic Jewel Cruise Review by SophiaV

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: undefined

This was our first River Cruise. We enjoyed the size of the ship and that there were only 168 guests, which made getting to know people very easy. The cruise director, Andreea, was exceptional - she managed all aspects of our itinerary seamlessly. The food was very good, with a varied selection of appetizers, soups, mains, and desserts. The wait staff were friendly and professional. Our cabin was very well designed so we had plenty of space to put everything. Our cabin was also spotless.

I would say that I found the itinerary a bit rushed - that being said however, I also chose to not stay on the boat, which I could have. Perhaps the same itinerary could be completed in ten days, allowing a bit more time in some cities.

Unfortunately on our second last day we ended being off the ship for almost 11 hours. Our tour of Regensburg was to last 4 hours. There was a problem with water levels being too low and the boat being unable to make it to our next destination. That is understandable - cannot control Mother Nature! I'm not totally convinced that there was not a way to get us on the boat earlier. So, the memory of my last excursion was a long, wet, cold day in a small city with nothing to do. When we boarded the boat everything was rushed. The next morning we had to wake up very early to be bussed to our last port of call. Unfortunately these events coloured my overall experience.

SophiaV's Full Rating Summary

Eva was fantastic! Such energy and such pure joy in her job. Thank you

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Regensburg

Unfortunately we ended up in Regensburg for 11 hours instead of 4. Not much to do.

SophiaV