3. Magellan
We chose this cruise because we got an excellent deal and it was sailing from Newcastle. We weren't sure what to expect with it being an older ship but were pleasantly surprised by decor and cabin. I must congratulate the Port of Tyne for their efficiency, having been guided to a parking space, our luggage was removed from the car for us and taken to our cabin. Check-in was very quick and we were bussed to the ship and were onboard within 30 minutes of arriving at the port. We were shown to our cabin and then advised lunch was available in the Bistro if we wanted it. We found the food excellent and being diabetic was invited to a talk with head chef Shone who advised those of us with dietary concerns what the process was so they could provide us with the type of food we needed. Our table stewards were made aware of our needs and I had no problems receiving sugar free options. There was also a special dietary needs counter in the bistro. The entertainment was very good and theatre was full every evening. When I boarded the ship I had a shoulder problem, so availed myself of two hot stone massages which helped. The second massage was done by a physiotherapist who when she finished gave me exercises to do. Since then my shoulder has been virtually pain free. We would certainly sail on Magellan again especially when she sails fron Newcastle. Disembarkation was as efficient as embarkation and we were home in just under an hour of leaving the ship.

Fjords

Magellan Cruise Review by elaineO21

The entertainment was very good and theatre was full every evening.

elaineO21’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Cabin was warm and spacious with plenty of storage, bathroom was a good size, it wasn't cramped. Our steward was efficient and helpful.