3. Norwegian Epic
This is a classy and beautiful ship with a modern twist and a fun vive with so much to do that you will never be out of options. This was my first time on NCL and I was pleasantly surprised and it is one that is now very high on my list of favourites. This is a large resort ship one of the biggest but strangely is did not feel too big to me, seemed smaller then some other ships like Regal princess when it was actually larger. The design of the ship was easy to navigate and I particularly loved the inside spaces, in my humble opinion the outside spaces needed some work. Lounges and Bars If you like to sit and have a drink or party late into the night then you have definitely come to the right place and there is a venue for most tastes, large open lounge bars in the auditorium where the cruise staff will no doubt be running quite shows or singing competitions ,also live bands play here, great place to people watch. Martini bar and Whiskey bar if you like the odd cocktail or a vintage malt with a pianist playing in the background. Then you have O’Sheehans your traditional irish pub on board a ship as you do! O’sheehans is open twenty for ours a day for both food and drink just in case you have not had enough in the day, it can be noisy here though with pool tables and basket ball machines but always had a lively atmosphere. Entertainment Entertainment on the NCL Epic was I have to say some of the best I have ever seen, NCL definitely go all out both in there big performance shows and in there themed lounges like The Cavan a Beetles themed lounge with live music straight out of sixties Liverpool. I went to Spegails Cirque Tent, this is your dinner plus a show venue and my goodness was the show amazing, as you can probably guess from the title it is a Cirque du Soliaire type performance with circus entertainers and acrobats that actually took your breath away. I would recommend it for the show but not necessarily for the food. Other entertainment options include howl at the moon, duelling pianos and numerous musicians in most bars around the ship of an evening. Dinning Dinning on NCL Epic was amazing, I ate in every speciality restaurant and the dinning room for breakfast and lunch and I can truly say I do not have one complaint, the level of service, quality of food and ambience was superb. So what are your options want a good steak then you have carneys or for true meat lovers you have Moderno Churrascaria every meat you can imagine served at your table by waiters coming round with endless skewers. If you want luxury then I would recommend La Bistro a french style top end restaurant with fine cuisines and fine wines to match set in a luxurious surrounds of plush chairs and gold cutlery. Italian then you have La Cucina, set at the top of the ship behind the buffet the restaurant boast the most amazing views of the bow, sitting here of an evening as you sail into the sunset was a treat indeed. Marble floor wooden table gives the place and Italian feel and the food was high class classic Italian dishes, just stay away from the grappa! If you want Chinese or Oriental food then you have Teppanyaki or Shanghai, Shanghai is a free dining option much like your traditional Chinese down the road, but with the one big difference you are afloat, it also has a noodle bar if you just want to grab something light. Teppanyaki is a sharing table option with the Chefs cooking your food on a giant hotpot centred in the middle of the table. Your less formal options are you traditional dinning room Taste, the buffet and O’Sheehans. For more details on each dinning venue see my other blogs which have video reviews of each venue. Pools/outside space The outside space was really the only area where I felt NCL Epic let itself down a little. NCL has a private pool and sun deck for suite guests and this has the effect of cutting down the outside space which to me gave a bit of an over crowded feel especially on sea days. Deck chairs like on many ships are very close together, expect a lot of noise as well with the waterslides and fountains there was a lot of children playing, and I was travelling in term time. There is a second pool from the main pool at the back of the ship that is adult only but the pool here really left a lot to be desired and I am sorry to say did not look very clean, neither did the two hot tubs (luke warm) that flanked each side. The pool is very small and on many occasions was not even open, the cover this  pool up for party nights on deck. The waterslides were fun and again look at my other blogs for videos of the slides and the pool deck. There was one main bar on the pool deck and another on the adults only pool deck  plus a separate station for frozen drinks, and compared to other ships I have sailed on there was not as many servers wondering around the upper decks taking orders. I think you were in the NCL Haven then maybe this review would be very different maybe I will have to try that next time ...if my budget can stretch to it ... I would definitely cruise NCL again and the Epic, good food, plenty of choice, great service and I was lucky enough to have great fellow passenger too... I video a lot of my cruise for my youtube channel if you want a ship walk through please see the link below, plus I have also added a solo cabin review for anyone travelling alone ...like I was (though not for long as I met so many lovely people who took me under their wing) https://youtu.be/dJcKdvEjtl4 - Ship walk through https://youtu.be/R4VYAcfT1Dw - Solo cabin tour

July Mediterranean Solo Cruise