3. Koningsdam
Had sailed on Koningsdam in 2016 and enjoyed the Baltic and Viking Sagas. Desire was to do Iberian peninsula after our Camino Portuguese walk. Very port intensive but enjoyed. Dining good but we had booked Tamarind and Pinnacle before the cruise and onboard got talked up to dining package which we really should not have done. Canaletto was just ok while Sel de Mer was not explained to us tee $60 credit and how that was credited against what you ate. Customer Service staff are just average. Depends who you get. As an Australian, felt we got a raw deal with no real attempt to satisfy requests of many for telecast of afl grand final. We were at sea that day but I simply subscribed to an app and had to buy 250 mins of Internet to watch on my iPad. With 276 Aussies on board, a better attempt to look after us and probably a lot of Americans who would have watched the game, would have been appreciated. Though entertainment was average. Comedian did almost same routine as he did when on ship in 2016. Was only a few crew shows and one was a repeat re Billboard hits. Mind hacker show was best. Did not bother with classical pianist, flutist, soprano, Spanish guitarist/ flamenco. Though here and there in Lido, service had dropped a bit in terms of quality of food and service generally although overall, the crew are very good. As usual everything is geared towards you spending. Internet should be free or lower cost. Library definitely should be available. Many complained in 2016 and not remedied, although here was a small book swap service started. HAL port shore staff not overly helpful with people who booked private excursions re where we were to go. Port facilities in Spain very ordinary with no real opportunity in a number of ports to get free wi-fi. I have only ever done HAL cruises and have paid a future cruise deposit again. While I may try other cruise lines, I will probably still go with HAL again as I am comfortable with the overall package. Just that Australians do not get the same deals as Americans and cannot use American travel agents, therefore costing us more. We did not experience the same number of complaints about the Koningsdam this year as in 2016. Generally people seemed to think it was a good ship. We would certainly cruise on the ship again, just alter some of the things we do.

Enjoyed the ship and cruise except for probably one port

Koningsdam Cruise Review by Warrnamboolwanderers

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Standard Interior Stateroom

Customer Service staff are just average. Depends who you get.

As usual everything is geared towards you spending.

Warrnamboolwanderers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Koningsdam price drops

Standard Interior Stateroom
Cabin L 7065
Good with comfy good size bed and nice size bathroom
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins