3. Enchantment of the Seas
We chose this cruise because we had been to Nassau, Bahamas on a prior cruise with RC, and due to miscommunications with others traveling in our group at that time, we only had a short amount of time to explore, so we wanted to try it again. We also had really enjoyed our day at Coco Cay on the prior trip, so we didn't mind another trip there. Since we had never been to Key West, we were looking forward to seeing the sights there as well. KW ended up being cancelled because of Irma, but that's not RC's fault, and they changed our itinerary to Grand Bahama Island. Just my 2 cents here, but please don't plan a cruise *during* hurricane season if you're not flexible. I know there were people who were disappointed because RC had to change a lot of itinieraries for several of the different cruises, but their main goal is to keep their passengers *safe*, and still provide a fun and entertaining experience. On our prior cruise, we had already participated in the shore excursions that interested us, so this time, we just planned to walk around, relax, shop, and take in the sights, on our own time schedule. Since we didn't plan any excursions this trip, I can't rate anything, but there were many different things to do at each stop. I see people posting that they were not pleased with the ship, the service, or the food. I agree that the dinner we had in the main dining room wasn't as good as when we sailed in 2006, but it wasn't bad either. We chose to dine at Chops the remaining 3 nights, and were offered nice discounts for each of the 3 nights. The dinners at Chops were WONDERFUL, and an absolute bargain, a fraction of what it would have cost to dine at any nice restaurant. We highly recommend dining at Chops!! The food was excellent, the service, and the overall dining experience was top notch!! We spent most evenings at The Schooner Bar. The Piano Player/Entertainer there, as well as the staff, were just awesome!! We also enjoyed bar hopping around the ship and just walking around. We really didn't participate in any of the ships structured, or scheduled activities, but there were many offered, and from what we saw as we were walking around, those who were participating were having a great time. The Parade of Flags, I think that's what it was called, was something I really enjoyed. It's held the last night of the cruise, and the crew members who participated, all carried the flags of their home country. Each of the countries represented by crew members were announced, then there was some sort of dance, or other form of recognition for each of the countries that the crew members all hail from. While the ship is an older one, it was VERY clean, and very well maintained. It's going in for a major remodel in November, or Jan. I can't remember which month. The crew was fabulous!! We had excellent service all the way around! We thought that our general daily interactions with the crew members really enhanced our overall cruising experience, and we will always remember the fun we had with them. I think the most important thing when you take a cruise is to be flexible, look over the events offered, try different things, and also try something new that you have never tried before. We had a great time, and would definitely sail again, with RC, and on The Enchantment again!!

Enchantment - Post Hurricane Irma Cruise

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by LP1702

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

We spent most evenings at The Schooner Bar.

The Piano Player/Entertainer there, as well as the staff, were just awesome!!

We also enjoyed bar hopping around the ship and just walking around.

While the ship is an older one, it was VERY clean, and very well maintained.

The crew was fabulous!! We had excellent service all the way around!

LP1702’s Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 8580
Not 100% sure what category our room was, but it was a nice, basic room with a balcony.
Plenty of space for two people, loads of storage space, very comfortable bed!!
Two chairs and a table on the balcony.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins