3. Carnival Victory
We flew in one day before. We sailed out of Miami but flew into Fort Lauderdale and took a Lyft to Miami (about $35). Miami embarkation is always quick and there were no problems this time. I board with special assistance so we were one of the first on the ship. The good: Embarkation Room was clean (balcony room on floor 8) 24 hour room service 24 hour pizza and ice cream Comedy (Jason Blanchard and Percy Crews II) - both were very very funny Deck party and the club were fun The okay: Activities are pretty much the same as they have been for years. I haven't cruised in six years and the welcome aboard show was exactly the same with the exact same outfits. We skipped out halfway through. We only ate in the dining room once. The quality of food has definitely declined and I was very disappointed that if you want a good steak, you now have to pay for it. The lido deck food is pretty bland overall but it was ok. The bad: Activities need updating. Everyone cheats at trivia so it's not really fun anymore Too much nickel and diming. They even changed bingo from the punch cards to ones where you pretty much have to buy a dauber from them. The "little touches" are gone. No more chocolate on the pillows, no bathroom amenities at all, the beds are not as comfy as they used to be. One big thing I noticed was on all previous Carnival cruises we developed a rapport with the whole entertainment staff. On this cruise we barely saw them..disappointing. I already have another cruise booked with Carnival for Feb but this one is a 7 day...I'm not sure I'd do another 5 day as it seemed hastily put together and not as fun.

Not the best, not the worst

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by dbogusch

The good:

Room was clean (balcony room on floor 8)

24 hour room service

24 hour pizza and ice cream

Comedy (Jason Blanchard and Percy Crews II) - both were very very funny

Deck party and the club were fun

The okay: