• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

world curious
6-10 Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Grand Suite 1

This is our 4th Silver Sea Cruise and we hope to do more. The advantage of a smaller ship is port availability, ambiance and service.

We departed from Seward, ended in Tokyo. 14 days of bliss. Only one glitch, the tail end of a typhoon (cat 3 tropical storm) prevented us from docking in Kushiro. Nothing Silver Sea could do about that. The crew were exceptional during our one day of high sea. I love days at sea, so this itinerary was perfect. Aleutians, (Kodiak and Dutch Harbor) then Russia and on to Hokkaido with three ports scheduled. This ship has a classy and yet homey feel to it. Just the right size for us. The included wines were quite good and our refrigerator was always stocked with whatever we asked for. The specialty restaurants are lovely and each one is totally different. Love the variety and the Italian kitchen!!!! And they make their own pasta!!

Our grand suite was uber spacious, The bathroom was complete with three sinks, and bidet. The suite included a large walk in closet, beautiful bar, living room with a dining table, 2 TVs. However, I must add that the veranda suites are very comfortable and larger than most accommodations for a ship this size. Our Butler, Eno, was an angel and even helped me wheel chair my husband to the dining room or La Terrazza or Le Champagne (the only Relais & Chateaux restaurant at sea). I must add that dining in the specialty restaurants need advanced reservations. Seating is limited. The poolside Grill has very limited seating, in order to provide top notch steak and grill dinners.

Grand Suite 1

Cabin G1

Beautiful and spacious suite. Lovely appointments. Lots of room and VERY comfortable.

Our butler was an angel. We love Silver Sea, its staff, crew, food and accommodations.

2 Helpful Votes