3. Wind Spirit
My wife & I sailed on 9/14/17, 1st time on Wind Spirit, but our 5th Windstar cruise. Room 140. I feel that this had to be the absolute best way to visit these islands. You’re given just the right amount of time at each stop to visit and to grab an excursion. Then back to the ship. The ship – Wind Spirit – is showing its age in certain spots, but it’s still a great ship. The layout is very easy to navigate. The pool, gym, and casino are very small but surprisingly they were each able to accommodate everyone. The pool is just for a quick dip to cool off. The gym was just big enough to keep me doing a little something – which is fine for my vacation. The Casino has only 2 tables, I knew this, but only has 1 dealer… so only 1 table is ever open. But it’s all we needed. The entertainment was fine – consisting of a 2-person group. They were nice, friendly, always happy, and would play requests. The meals were all very good – especially Candles (it was our 1st time to eat outside at this venue). Candles has a grill setup by the pool and they prepare everything right there (I guess). Anyway I thought it was better than eating inside, but indoors at Amphora was very good too. I did hear 1 guy say that he thought everything was a little bland …. But he was always kind of grumpy, and I totally disagreed with him. Getting on and off the ship were always simple. The only long waiting period was day 1 during registration – a computer quit working and the guys using them aren’t PC experts so it took a while to reboot his. During sail away they did play the typical music and let the sails down each time (I think). That part is always nice. The people/fellow passengers seem to always consist of “my kind of people” unlike the larger ships. Almost everyone is friendly, classy, and talkative. Again, this was our 5th time and never have a problem with our fellow passengers. The crew, what can I say? The Windstar crew are the best of any ship we’ve ever sailed. Always. And these guys were no exception. And the girls too. The bar crew all knew my name by day 2… not that I have a drinking problem. I hope. Everywhere you walk, thru the ship, the crew will smile and say hello. It’s so comfortable. Room 140? I’d avoid it for now if possible. The location was actually fine (look at the deck plan). It’s not as far front as you’d think. However the air conditioning here was bad. And black soot would occasionally fall from the vent. The guys tried to fix it multiple times with no luck. Other rooms were quite different (fellow passengers showed us their rooms – which were very cool, and set to a much higher temp). So….. I’d not stay in room 140. But there is very little foot traffic by the door, so that was nice. May I suggest… Although every excursion seemed to get good reviews from everyone (so you can’t go wrong with any), the ones we missed and I wish for now are 1) snorkel and swim with the sharks & 2) Picnic (in the water!). Things we did which I recommend are: 1) Moorea – there are drivers waiting at the dock offering to drive you on a tour to a few spots for $40 pp, a private tour, consisting of 4 passengers. Do it. Then at the end have her drop you off at Sofitel for lunch (beautiful pool & wonderful place for lunch). 2)Bora Bora - Bloody Mary’s for lunch and/or dinner on day 1 of the 2 days here (dinner is best with reservations from the ship). Then on the 2nd day go to the Sofitel for a $50 pp day pass (includes large lunch). The pool is quiet with spectacular views, the beach is beautiful & calm with some toys to use, and the food was very good. Last recommendation – Bring your snorkel gear with you at every stop. You won’t regret it.

Again! Another amazing cruise on Windstar.

Wind Spirit Cruise Review by LuvDCaribbean

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

LuvDCaribbean’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Wind Spirit price drops

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin B 140
This particular room had air-conditioning issues. Otherwise it was perfect. Good location too.
Deck 1 Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins