• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

SC_TravelingMan
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2017
Cabin: Sunset Veranda

About 3 weeks before sailing we received an email from Celebrity offering a 20% discount on First Night Specialty Dining reservations booked and paid for up to 2 days prior to sailing. We booked the Tuscan Grille. We were told we would receive a room credit for the 20% discount once we dined (we had to prepay the full amount). We never received our credit. I went to Customer Services while on board to get this corrected — they had never heard of this but after checking they came back and said my account would be credited. IT NEVER WAS. And it is such a hassle to complain about sloppy service I just dropped the matter. BUt I finally decided I would write a review to hopefully prevent other customers from being scammed too!

BTW, the departure on this cruise was the worst I have ever experienced. The blame was put on US Customs since they could not handle 3 ships in port at the same time — Vancouver usually only has a single cruise ship in port at the same time). But some of the blame should probably be placed on the cruise lines that didn't foresee this might be a problem.

Other than this we enjoyed our cruise.

Sunset Veranda

Cabin SV

We loved our stateroom. While it was no larger than any other standard verandah category, it was plenty spacious. And we really loved the aft facing balcony, especially during the Inside Passage portion of the cruise where we had beautiful views on both sides of the ship.

The bathroom was adequate, but my wife really loves to have a tub, so that was a little bit of a downer for her (but, of course, we knew this when we booked and were OK with it.)

10 Helpful Vote