3. Celebrity Infinity
Great knitting cruise! Older ship, but well maintained, I thought. It is, however, missing some of the things that the newer ships of the line have and unfortunately, I found the service in some areas lacking. Our cabin was great. We lucked into upgrading to a Family Verandah cabin after final payment and really enjoyed the extra space and the enormous balcony. (An aside, I wish they had designed a bit of extra space for the bathroom--I can't imagine a family of 5 using that tiny, phone-booth-sized bathroom!) Our room steward was great. Two minor downsides, the toilet ALWAYS required more than 1 flush (sorry if that's TMI, but it is what it is) and the sheets always felt slightly…clammy? Maybe the humidity at sea? Maybe just me? I attended 3 shows and they were excellent. The musical entertainment around the ship was good, if a little loud at times. Luigi did a great job as cruise director. OK, now the service issues. Embarkation was a NIGHTMARE! Well over an hour wait, incredibly long lines, and very unorganized once into the terminal. "Go sit over there." Then people were not taken into line in the order seated. Very unpleasant start to the cruise. It was almost impossible to find bar service wait staff at the 10th floor café at breakfast to order fresh squeezed orange juice. Yes, a first-world problem, but I had the beverage package mainly for the orange juice and lattes for breakfast! I was only able to get it 2 out of 7 mornings!. Ordering a latte upstairs at breakfast was virtually impossible—they had to go down to the 5th floor Café al Bacio to get it. Only got that once. I went downstairs to get it myself AFTER breakfast 6 days. Again, in the grand scheme of things, a minor annoyance, but not one I’ve experienced on my favorite (other) cruise line. The main dining room (select dining) had bar issues as well. Several times, at both lunch and dinner, dinner companions ordered drinks or wine, asked several times about them, and one night actually complained to the Maitre d’ about the unconscionable delay. He tried to explain it away by saying that it was a busy night, but really? On a cruise ship, every night is a busy night! Overall, it was not a bad experience and I will certainly cruise Celebrity again, especially for knitting cruises. However, I think most of my cruising will be on another cruise line.

Good overall

booksfan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Family Ocean View with Balcony
Cabin FV 9197
Great Family Verandah cabin! This cabin has a long interior hallway leading to a second door to the cabin. Two large closets. Bedroom with the typical twin/king bed. Then it has a divider wall with a sliding door that leads to a living room area with two (yes TWO!) sofa beds and lots more storage, and a second TV. This cabin will sleep up to 5 people. I think it would easily store clothing/belongings for them as well. It has an enormous balcony, with a table and 4 chairs, and 2 loungers, with plenty of room left over. Half the balcony is covered, half is exposed to view and to the sun. We really enjoyed the extra space and the huge balcony. The only downside is the TINY bathroom--I can't imagine a family of 5 using that tiny, phone-booth-sized bathroom! Our room steward was great. Two minor downsides, the toilet ALWAYS required more than 1 flush (sorry if that's TMI, but it is what it is) and the sheets always felt slightly…clammy? Maybe the humidity at sea? Maybe just me?
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins