3. Carnival Vista
We had a wonderful time aboard the Vista. We managed to avoid both Irma and Maria. I like the layout of the ship. It is new and very cozy for such a large vessel. We had to skip our first stop at Grand Turk because of the destruction form Irma. No problem. We got a prompt refund for out pre purchased shore excursion and the port of call taxes etc. An extra sea day was fine with me. We used it to get a couples massage in the spa. You don't realize how much stress your body is carrying around until you get get all the knots worked out. It was amazing. Our next port day was La Romana in the Dominic Republic. I was sorely disappointed when our excursion time was moved up earlier and we were not notified in time. Do biggie though. We just hopped into a cab and went for a beach day. I was able to get some fantastic pictures there. We had a tasty lunch too. The beach was not crowded that day. The next stop was Aruba where we took a wooden schooner ship called the Monforte III to a snorkeling site. The fish and coral formations were everything Aruba is famous for. I got some great underwater videos. The crew made us a homemade lunch of shishkabobs potato salad and mac n' cheese. We danced to Caribbean music and enjoyed an open bar of all kinds of mixed drinks. Anything you wanted really. Next was the beautiful Curacao. We went to an exclusive resort of the far end of the island. Playa Caracschbi? We did a walk in snorkel, enjoyed some relaxation time on the beach, had lunch and did a little shopping. In between ports we sang karaoke in the Red Frog Pub, rode the skyride, had pool time, and ate too much!

Love the Vista!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by TeaPartyTessi

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Havana Cabana (Balcony)
TeaPartyTessi’s Full Rating Summary

Havana Cabana (Balcony)
Cabin HE 6436
The cabin was great. But we had noisy neighbors. The ones next door were fighting. The ones upstairs were making very loud love....every night!
Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Masted Sailing Ship
    The ship and the crew of the Monforte III were incredible. I highly recommend this excursion.
    View All 6 Masted Sailing Ship Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    We had a walk in beach snorkel. The water was a bit choppy due to Maria, but all in all the snorkeling was nice. We had some beach time and lunch. Finished up with some shopping. I honestly did not want to leave!
    View All 23 Snorkeling Reviews