3. Royal Princess
We loved the Royal Princess even though it was a different layout from previous Princess ships we've been on. It was full with 3000+ passengers but never seemed crowded. We did anytime dining, didn't make reservations but never had to wait to be seated. The staff on this ship seem genuinely happy! The service was excellent all around with the exception of the spa. Our room steward was so efficient and unobtrusive. We ate at the Crown Grill one night and the service and food was excellent. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly and the molten lava chocolate dessert was to die for! The dining room food was also very good but sometimes I couldn't find something I really liked but that is just a personal preference. Regarding the entertainment, after several Princess cruises, some of the same old activities get stale. Each and every port was amazing. We took private excursions mostly shared with fellow cruise critic members: Naples: Used See Amalfi Coast for our tour (Pompeii, Sorrento, Positano) and our guide Ciro (gino) was outstanding. He had us laughing all day and took us to an amazing restaurant on the Amalfi Coast in Positano. Sicily: used Journeys around Sicily and our guide Salvo/owner was excellent. Sicily was beautiful. Went to Mt Etna and then Taorimina (sp?) Dubrovnik Croatia: Used Dubrovnik Explore Boat Trip. Although we did like this tour, the boat was not what we expected. It was very hard for me to get in and out of the boat since I have RA. The ladder to climb back into the boat was too small and nothing really to grab onto if you went swimming so I was disappointed I was not able to swim. They also promised snorkeling equipment but all there was only masks. Loved the guide though. Kotor: Used Milo tours and he was fantastic! Took us to places no cruise ship bus could go. LOVED it. Kotor is beautiful Corfu: Used Corfu taxi tours and it was good. Not our favorite but very nice. Corsica: Used "Authentic Tour" Went to Piana and it was stunning scenery. The guide seemed very rushed though because he had another tour scheduled for the afternoon. I highly recommend this ship and these ports. Best cruise we've taken yet.

Nothing to complain about except the slow internet service.

Royal Princess Cruise Review by PandRBarry

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Corfu: Used Corfu taxi tours and it was good. Not our favorite but very nice.

I highly recommend this ship and these ports. Best cruise we've taken yet.
PandRBarry’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE R735
This is an aft facing balcony (premium balcony). The balcony is uncovered but HUGE! It's about 10x10 feet. Some people have complained about a "soot" problem. It was very minor and all it took was a quick wipe with a cloth but the room steward mostly took care of it anyway. It was NOT an issue so anyone who says it is is exaggerating! Privacy is also a minor issue if at all on this floor. The only problem would be if it rained since it's uncovered. The room has a love seat and table also. The bed though is hard and has not yet been updated with the new pillow top mattress. The bathroom is small but I love the removable shower head. We had a great room steward.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins