Crystal Esprit Cruise Review

Not Worth the Money

Crystal Esprit Cruise Review by cruisergirlJMA

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

We chose this cruise line to celebrate our 49th anniversary and were very disappointed. We did not sleep well any of the 7 nights as the temperature in our room was either boiling or freezing. Every day I went to the front desk and they immediately sent someone, but all they did was adjust it up or down, but never fixed it. You have no control over the fan and the temperature is either in the red section or the blue. You cannot set a temperature for your room or set the fan to low, high or off. We ended up settling for cold and slept in a robe they provided. It was not pleasant at all.

It is a shame they did not fix the temperature as there were many good things about Crystal…good food, pleasant staff, small number of people on excursions and a very clean ship.

I would be very hesitant to book another cruise with Crystal or to recommend it to friends or our travel agent. At this price point, I expect a room with a comfortable temperature. This should have been fixed before they booked the room.

cruisergirlJMA's Full Rating Summary

Cabin yacht suite 217

The cabin was freezing cold or boiling hot. They would adjust it every day, but never fixed it. I thought Crystal was supposed to be among the very best and this was a great disappointment and a waste on money. I thought we would get at least a phone call to apologize, but we have heard nothing from Crystal.

cruisergirlJMA