3. Harmony of the Seas
This is my 4th cruise with Royal Caribbean. I love the brand. I love knowing my way around each ship. I've been on the Navigator, Oasis, Allure and now Harmony. I was excited about the Harmony, because it was the BIGGEST, and I assumed that meant that they had made it better in some way. Nope. It's just bigger. 6,000+ guests and 2,000+ crew, but without more amenities, space or offerings. I spent more money expecting to get more, and the only thing which had increased was the size of the group. So, my 3 star rating is because, overall, I do like Royal Caribbean, but I will NEVER seek after their latest & greatest ships again! It's all hype! We had an oceanview balcony room, and it was wonderful, and our stateroom attendant was very attentive. The ship was very clean, though I'll admit I was disappointed to have maintenance men PAINTING the poles in the Solarium at 2pm in the afternoon! That place is enclosed, and the fumes were building up. (Couldn't they do their painting in the evening, or at least when it's likely to be empty?) I thought that Grease was AMAZING, as was the FINE LINE (the aqua show). I always love the ice shows, but I was disappointed at the poorly planned "1887". The title was misleading. Great logo and set... nothing else about it made sense. Likewise, "Columbus, the Musical" was really dumb. Well performed (by the cast of Grease), because they are amazing, but a really dumb show, honestly! The headliner, Adam Cariu (Kariu?), a comic juggler was outstanding, and the comedians (host & headliner) were also quite good!! So here is one of my biggest concerns... Royal Caribbean goes out of its way to build the biggest ships, to bring in the best talent, and then when it comes to the offerings for kids, they have lowered their standards! One of our favorite activities on cruising days is the face painting and balloons, and it used to be AMAZING! But now they are cutting corners, and they force their poor entertainment staff members to try to do a skill which probably takes a long time to master. The girls were sweet. I believe they were the same ones who scanned our cards when we entered the Royal Theater. If you wouldn't have those same girls perform in GREASE, then you shouldn't have them trying to paint faces and twist balloons. Seriously! Bring back the PROFESSIONALS! Kids deserve great, interactive entertainment too... not just babysitters. The kids, of course, wouldn't complain, but as parents, we all noticed, and it was embarrassingly bad!! (Not the staff's fault, by the way. They did their best.) The food in the dining room has degraded (not to mention that it's also available in the Windjammer). I remember when eating in the dining room was an exquisite experience. It used to reflect FINE dining, but not anymore. The choices were bland, and the servers were a bit on the arrogant side (as though we were in a nice restaurant... except we weren't.) By day 3, we were done, and we stayed away from the dining room. The Windjammer food was amazing! Their staff was attentive and friendly. The mongolian BBQ (stirfry on site based on what you want) was a family favorite of ours. I love the selection. I had Indian food for lunch and dinner each day that I wanted it! Can't beat that!!! :o) On Sunday (we left on Saturday), we went for breakfast at the Windjammer at 9:30am and were told they were closed, because there were too many people and not enough tables. Seriously???? This is what I mean about a ship which is bigger, but not better. I saw plenty of empty tables, but unbussed tables. Yes, they had space, but not enough staff to keep up with our group. To RC's credit, I shared my concern and when it finally reached the right person, I felt very heard. I believe that Royal Caribbean has a great emphasis on customer service and attentiveness. I don't believe that the people who thought it was a good idea to shove 8,000 of us on a single ship cares about the fact that lines were long and things ran out, so my feedback probably won't make a difference. (Nor do they care about children, or they wouldn't cut corners on their interactive kids activities!) Stay away from the art auctions. Do your research. Park West isn't doing you any favors. By the way... if you don't already know this... DON'T attend the Fitness Center/Spa workshops. 100% of them are infomercials for products and services you can find on your own. What a waste of time!

Bigger is NOT always better!

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by MNtraveller

Nope.

MNtraveller’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Our room was perfect in every way!
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans