3. Celebrity Infinity
This was my second cruise overall and both on Celebrity. I am a solo traveler, and appreciated the many opportunities I had to meet a wide variety of people. I really liked the smaller configuration of the Infinity, and the layout of my cabin. I appreciated the ability to walk from the back to the front of the ship in the cabin aisle, allowing me to skip walking through the shops, casino and bars. The solarium was a welcome treat, filtered sunlight and restful atmosphere. The snack bar served excellent smoothies, in addition to soups and sandwiches, also tasty. I enjoyed both the hot tubs and the pool. There were so many thoughtful touches all over this space. The shops were a lot of fun and I saw every one of them, more than once. The shopping was excellent, and the sales were a lot of fun. I bought many rings and bracelets, which I already treasure and wear every day. There really is something for everyone on the ship if you enjoy shopping. The food was excellent in every respect. There was an ever-changing menu in the Main Dining Room, and the service was outstanding. I had select dining, which allowed me to choose a time, and also whether I wanted to share a table with 8-10 others or could choose a solo table. I meet some really wonderful people at the shared table, and was able to share tips with them about cruising, excursions and cruise lines. It was interesting to hear about their hometowns and surprising to find we agreed on many issues of the day. All in all, I enjoyed my dining experiences on this cruise. I gave the entertainment four stars, only because I never got to attend a full show. I did enjoy the bar entertainment and sat down a number of times to hear the singers and the entertainment. There are so many options on the daily bulletin that one can find many choices as to how to plan the day. I did an excursion in every port, and enjoyed all but one of them. All of my excursions were through the ship, save Seattle and Monterey. In Seattle, we did a private tour, which was just right, as to what we saw. There was a little mixup as to our pickup time, but we were eventually met and enjoyed the trip throughout. In Monterey, I rented a car and was able to do breakfast in Carmel with a trip to the Mission, as well as visit Pebble Beach and do a little walking around Carmel. The Astoria trip was great. We visited the Tillamook Creamery and the Blimp Air Hanger and Museum. The weather cooperated for the most part, as it rained when we were inside and was sunny when we were outside. I have lived in the SF Bay Area for 50 years, but have never been to Alcatraz. No one warns you about the FLIES! They are all over, due to the site now being a bird sanctuary. The flies were all over us on the boat over as well as any time spent outside. Inside was clear of the flies, and was a very interesting tour. My Solvang tour in Santa Barbara was cancelled due to lack of interest, but I was able to sign up for a overview tour of Santa Barbara, which was interesting and entertaining. A short shop (15 minutes) at the Santa Barbara Mission was disappointed, as we only had an opportunity to take a picture and make a short visit to the gift shop, but not to view the inside of the church. The four stars was due to the Los Angeles tour, which was a rip-off, in my opinion. Despite what the tour description said, we had a wasteful 45 minutes to WALK to Rodeo Drive (we were parked a distance away), 15 minutes at Malibu, which we couldn't access due to a city function, and finally, 15 minutes at the Santa Monica Pier, which didn't give us time to walk on the pier or see any of the sites. We wasted so much time at the first stop that we had no time at the last stop. We could have skipped the Malibu stop altogether. I was not a happy camper on this tour. I would not do it again. The ship's crew was overall very good in their attention to the guests. The dining staff was OUTSTANDING, in my opinion. My cabin attendant, Putu, was beyond excellent. He was there at least three times during the day to change sheets, replace towels, and answer any question I might have about my cabin. He was friendly, always greeting me by name, and had a smile whenever I would contact him In the hall. I wanted to pack him up and bring him home with me! I loved everything about this cruise. We were blessed with good weather, smooth sailing, and a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Thank you, Celebrity, and I'll be sailing with you again and again!

Loved the ship and the itinerary!

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Mama Cruisin

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 1

Mama Cruisin’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1 6143
What a treat this cabin was! Nice, spacious shower, and plenty of room in both the cabin and the veranda. Have been on the Equinox and the Infinity, and liked the layout of this cabin much better. I especially liked the drawers and safe in one location. Closet was very roomy. Mattresses were a bit saggy, but after I got used to them, were OK and I slept very well. Liked the choice of pillows.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Los Angeles
    This was the worst tour I have ever been on. It was a rip off from beginning to end. We were supposed to see Rodeo Drive, Malibu and Santa Monica, with a drop off at the airport. We did all that, which is why I gave it one star, rather than none. If you read the tour description, you get the impression that you will walk on Rodeo Drive, visit Malibu, and walk on the Santa Monica Pier. The truth is, Beverly Hills no longer allows busses near Rodeo Drive, so we parked at the City Hall and WALKED to the site. We spent a wasteful 45 minutes walking to and from Rodeo Drive with no time to actually walk on the street. The stop at Malibu was at a City park, and since there was a City event taking place, we had 20 minutes, but no time to walk to the shore for a picture, as the event filled up the space. Finally, Santa Monica Pier. We had 15 minutes. There was NO time to walk to and from the Pier, let alone on it. The tour guide said we could soak up the ambience of Santa Monica. Right. Fifteen minutes of ambience. This whole tour was a rip-off. Very little of what was advertised in the tour description happened. We were hurriedly dropped off at the airport, our bags thrown on the curb, and left. I did not enjoy this tour one bit, and would have skipped it if I'd known what I know now.
    View All 13,026 Los Angeles Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Los Angeles Cruise Port Review
  • Monterey
    We rented a car in this port, and visited Pebble Beach and Carmel. I wanted to see the Carmel Mission and to spend a little time in downtown Carmel. We were able to eat a wonderful breakfast there, visit the Mission with very few others, and shop at one of the dockside jewelry stores. We had a wonderful morning and early afternoon and still had time to enjoy the solarium on our return.
    View All 44 Monterey Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Monterey Cruise Port Review
  • Alcatraz
    I live in the SF Bay Area, but had never been to Alcatraz. I crossed that off my bucket list this cruise! We first visited Sausalito and had over an hour there, which allowed us to eat at one of the excellent restaurants there or shop at the many unique shops on the main street.

Finally, we boarded a boat for the short cruise to Alcatraz. No one tells you about the FLIES. The National Park Service has made this island a bird sanctuary, so there is an overabundance of flies, and no attempt to curtail them. They swarmed us on the trip to and from the island, and were everywhere outside the prison. We were constantly battling them. That's why I only gave this excursion four points. The tour itself was an audio tour and VERY well done. It took us through the main prison, pointing out many interesting facts and historical events that happened there. There were accompanying sound effects which took us through the famous riots, the escapes and the daily prison life at Alcatraz. I really enjoyed the tour. We were happily surprised by one of the former inmates there, who was autographing his book and answering the many questions from the tourists.
  • Seattle
    Had a wonderful time on our four hour tour. Our guide took us all over the city, and shared many interesting facts with us. I felt like I had seen Seattle when the tour was over. He dropped us at Pike's Market, which was a treat.in itself. Had lunch there, and did a little shopping.
    View All 13,026 Seattle Cruise Port Reviews