• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Harmony of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
1970 reviews
30 Awards

I was forced to overpay for a cruise I did not want!

Review for Harmony of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean
bptechman
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

When I booked my cruise it was for Eastern Caribbean. That is what I paid for. I understand that RCL cannot control natural disasters, however, I was switched to Western Caribbean without any recourse. That is not what I paid for. I would not have booked a cruise to the Western Caribbean as I have already been there. RCL should have offered me choices of an on board credit for the difference, a on board credit off a future cruise, or the option to cancel and use the monies paid toward a different cruise. They offered nothing! Very disappointing. I feel like I overpaid for a cruise I did not want! I am going to look into other cruise lines. The ship was beautiful and the staff were friendly, attentive and always willing to help. The food was mediocre. It was often served cold or undercooked in all of the eating places we frequented except for the specialty restaurants, which we did not frequent, as they were grossly overpriced. We had to send something back at every meal. The lobster was tasteless and not cooked properly. One was almost raw. We had to send the escargot back several times as it was cold. The servers Dajana and Anna were great. We requested them and dined at their station several times. The entertainment was exceptional. The entertainers put on great shows and really worked hard. The organization on the ship was very good. Even though there over 6000 people aboard, it never felt that way. Getting on and off was very organized and easy. Surprised! Overall ship experience was good, dining mediocre, ports disappointing.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D6

The cabin was very nice. It was roomy, had plenty of closet space and storage. The balcony was nice. The shower was roomy with good fixtures and water pressure.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Typical Mexican port with all the same stuff.

Costa Maya

Better than Cozumel but still underwhelming.

Nassau

Been there, done that! Same old, same old.

Find a Harmony of the Seas Cruise from $588