3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
We had a morning walking around the old town of Southampton as our check in was 2.30pm. and a short taxi ride from the hotel. The QM2 had arrived at 9am. Wow what a sight from the Hotel. Slick booking in, bags disappeared at door and a long and well stocked (receptionist line) – zero queue. Only hoot was the discussion about the ESTA rules for expiry (unlike a passport it can be the day after you leave eg current ) we had Dec 2017 on ours and there were conversations about this – but not an issue. Issued with boarding cards. Straight on to ship (we arrived only slightly early, as per the Cunard communications. Cabin 6137 – perfect right in the middle of the ship.great – better than I hoped. Steward Dennis, professional and the room was always well kept and clean. Ship wow Only sea going planetarium, casino, pubs, shops. Only comment the pavilion pool – the tiles are chipped and the changing room (like a public pool from the 1960's) - flooded floor -one cubicle and the entrance door open onto the pool area, so it I was going from the shower to the flooded manky cubicle – I would be on view if someone opened the door – and same for my wife I understand. Crew, food wow. Drinks VERY Expensive. Dress for dinner 3 formal nights – perfect --- we did the 6pm sitting and felt that was just right as we are early up people. Our friends at Table, USE, New Zealand and British were great company. We did breakfast and some lunches in the Kings Court (buffet) and a meal in the pub. All good Shows – really good. Two people playing one piano – amazing. Casino and arranged activities great – QM2 has it all. Took me 5 visits to eventually see the ‘view of the bridge’ well worth it. We did every deck down to 13 – 2. (TIP) The Silly Wrist bands sea sickness Worked. I was ill only on the morning of day two after that even a force 9 gale at night did not bother me. (TIP) Launderette FREE even the wash powder – and well machines broke down on every deck – but FREE .. washer / dryer and ironing board 2/x ( 4 machines on deck 6 6137 side) (Poor) Leaving the ship – not knowing the time until the day before a pain, rang the car transfer (WASTE of Time) - not Cunard's fault. (Poor) Off boarding – the cases were randomly left in a huge deck 6 area - finding all 4 – took ten minutes.(note to Cunard please!) - the ship is run perfect the cases in the harbour, silly badly managed. Come on Captain this could be a lot better. (TIP) Tie a ribbon around each case to find it easier!!

Perfection, apart from the Pavilion Pool and off boarding find the luggage

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Diskdr

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony, sheltered

Ship wow Only sea going planetarium, casino, pubs, shops.

Crew, food wow. Drinks VERY Expensive.

Took me 5 visits to eventually see the ‘view of the bridge’ well worth it.

We did every deck down to 13 – 2.

(TIP) Tie a ribbon around each case to find it easier!!
Diskdr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony, sheltered
Cabin BU 6137
Very good. Good sized bed and TV. Small Shower - like camping. Good warerobe space. Small sofa and chair. Mini bar (expensive). The balcony was good to stand in and watch the sea. TIP - put vases under the bed! Good TV.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins