3. Norwegian Dawn
We drove in from north central Massachusetts and parked at the open air lot near the terminal. I had first driven to the multi-level garage on Dry Dock Avenue and was givendirection to the long-term (cruise) parking lot. As some of you may recall from my previous reviews my wife does not travel on planes, buses, limos, taxis or anything that travels faster than It's a Small World ride at Disney World. The exceptions are a car, if she is driving or if she has taken her feel good pills and I drive at a slow speed and no highways or the train but not the Acela. This is our fourth cruise on the Dawn and definitely the best of them. EMBARKATION As we were booked in a suite we had use of the VIP Lounge and Priority Embarkation. The check-in process is the same for everyone but after that suite guests are ushered to the Lounge with finger food, coffee, tea and juice to await boarding. Once the ship is cleared for boarding we were whisked onto the ship. We were in board about 11:15. STATEROOM We were booked into a Family Suite on deck 12 (12512) which was ready upon our arrival. This is the same suite we have had on two previous cruises and it was like Old Home Week. Our Room Steward for the week, Rolando, came to our room within a minute of our arrival, introduced himself and asked if there was anything we needed. My wife who must have ice said "Yes, ice" Rolando removed the lid to the ice bucketand I knew this was going to be a good week...the bucket was full of ice and my wife had the biggest smile. Later in the day we met our butler, Gian. He was bringing a plate of hors d'oeuvres which he brought every afternoon. He also did a wonderful job keeping the refrigerator full of Pepsi. All we want on a cruise is to be pampered and Gian & Rolando fulfilled this need completely. The room is spacious and has plenty of storage and a wonderful space to call home for the week. DINING The food throughout the cruise was great in each of the venues we visited Venetian, Garden Café, Cagney's, Moderno, and Le Bistro. I have had problems on occasion with the Garden Café but this time around I was very pleased. Swapping space of Le Cucina and Le Bistro was a good idea. Le Bistro was previously crammed and loud. Much better this time. Also liked the move of the Moderno Restaurant. ENTERTAINMENT We did not attend any of the entertainment other than Jose and Patti in the Atrium. I really enjoy listening to them. On a previous cruise I had purchased their CD's and often listen to the cd's at home. CREW AND STAFF The staff on the Dawn were great. Lots of smiles and always saying hello and offering to serve. I don't recall where we were going but asked direction of a staff member who personally escorted to where we were trying to go. WOW that was a first. DIEMBARKATION As with embarkation, we had Priority Disembarkation and it went extremely smooth. CONCLUSION With exception of one issue which had nothing to do with the cruise this was an absolutely wonderful cruise. I have nothing to complain about and no suggestions to improve the experience. The ship was wonderful the crew and staff were wonderful the food was wonderful and Bermuda is as beautiful as ever. We are looking forward to again sailing next year in May and October on the Dawn

Just another wonderful cruise

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Keith B.

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Family Suite

This is our fourth cruise on the Dawn and definitely the best of them.

EMBARKATION

Keith B.’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Family Suite
Cabin SJ 12512
We absolutely love this suite. That is not to say the others sites aren't as good or better just that this suite exceeds our needs and wants. As a matter of fact this is our third time in this specific suite and have booked it again for May 2018.
This category (SJ) does not have a balcony but has a wall of windows floor to ceiling. We can sit in our air conditioned suite and have a terrific view.
With a huge assortment of pillow offered the bed is the best and most comfortable we have had on and cruise ship. Storage is abundant but the closets require a bit of tweaking of the hangers as the closets are only about 15 inches deep.
The bathroom offers double sinks, a tub (no water jets), a separate shower and of course the "throne".
I could go on about this suite but will finish up with the wonderful butler and room steward. It seems they are watching for every time we leave or return to our room. The room is maintained and kept immaculate and one or both knock on the door within two minutes of our return to see if we need anything.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins