3. Norwegian Star
My husband and I were on our first cruise in 2016 with Carnival. We loved the experience and decided to go on another cruise this fall. We chose NCL cruise out of Venice as it was perfect for our schedule and we thought the itinerary was quite interesting. Overall, we had a very good time. Staff: Very friendly staff who work hard to make sure the guests’ needs and wants are met (when possible :)). Entertainment: We loved the evening shows and we went to see a show every night. Can’t comment on any other entertainment on the ship as we did not have a chance to participate in anything else other than the shows. Food: We mostly ate at the buffet-style café on Deck 6 (I forget the name of this café). The food was very good, the café was never too crowded and we always were able to find a place at a table. Itinerary: We enjoyed all the ports we visited. I think the level of enjoyment greatly depends on what a traveler puts into it. Prior to the cruise we did our “homework” and read about each port and things to see/do. All the ports on Norwegian Star itinerary were new to us and we loved exploring them. In summary, my husband and I were quite happy about our cruise with NCL and might consider cruising with this company again, although I would be very cautious about choosing the right stateroom next time.

Our First Cruise with NCL - Success!

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by SmileyKZ

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

Overall, we had a very good time.

SmileyKZ’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB 5606
Stateroom: Although we enjoyed our stateroom (See View, Deck 5), it was a rather unpleasant setup: our stateroom was connected to another stateroom from the inside, and we heard our neighbors. This lack of soundproof was somewhat upsetting to me - I do not go on a holiday to hear my neighbors. I think this whole idea of putting people in those “family rooms” (i.e., interconnected staterooms) is very poor to begin with. This setup works well only when the interconnected staterooms are shared by families or close friends. In our situation, we were put right next to a family with two kids (so 4 people in a stateroom). We asked Guest Relations to place us in a different stateroom, but were told that the ship is 100% full.
Oh well.. I guess I can’t complain too much, as we could have paid more money to choose our stateroom (in my humble opinion, significantly more money) but we didn’t go with that option in an effort to cruise as inexpensively as possible.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins