Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review

Less Than Expected

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Tipappy

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

We chose this cruise because we usually cruise with Royal caribbean and were very excited to try this new ship. The ship is beautiful and very similar to the Oasis. But, the Oasis, which we've cruised with several times before, offers much better service than the Harmony. Not sure why. But, clearly staff need to step up their game. The food quality and variety need to be improved. Service overall can be better. The focus on the Harmony of the Seas seems to be more on selling stuff than offering great service and good quality food and entertainment.

The itinerary was changed because of bad weather. We boarded the ship in Fort lauderdale for 7 days, one week after hurricane Irma and with Maria still looming over the caribbean. Instead of Labadee, Porto Rico and one of the USVI's, we ended up in Cozumel, Costa Maya and Nassau, three places I have been to so many times in prior cruises that I did not bother leaving the ship in neither location. That was understandable but still messed up.

Harmony is such an amazing ship. I hate to not rating it 5 stars, overall. But, service and food quality were very disappointing. Maybe, I should just blame the whole thing on Irma and Maria. After all, they were two very nasty and dirty visitors from the atlantic ocean.

Tipappy's Full Rating Summary

Cabin 11406 11406

They pull two mattresses together to make one king size bed. They get separated during the night leaving a void in the middle. As a result, my wife and I wake up with a sore back every morning. Horrible.

The size of the shower is a little bigger than usual and that makes a big difference. Good.

Tipappy