3. Grandeur of the Seas
I was on the Grandeur of the Seas sailing on 9/16/2017 departing from Baltimore Maryland to Bermuda. I am not sure why the captain would decide to go through with this sailing because Hurricane Maria was looming in the Atlantic. The sailing was rough. It was the service from the crew that made this sailing enjoyable although I stayed in my cabin a lot. Grandeur of the Seas is certainly an older ship. I am a solo cruiser and booked a Grand Suite, cabin 8514. The cabin was decent. Everything about the cabin was old and outdated from the inside curtains and furniture to the balcony railing and furniture. Inside the curtains were old but they looked clean. The sofa and chairs in the cabin were also old and had a bit of a smell but that was okay to me because I only sat on them when I was fully clothed. There was a constant sewer smell coming from the bathroom so I kepted the door shut. Thank goodness for the Lysol and the Glade Air Beads that I brought along. They masked the odor so it was only during my bathroom visits did I notice the smell. The service I received from the ship’s staff was phenomenal. My cabin steward, Dennis, was wonderful and very friendly. Everytime I saw him, he was smiling and always willing to help. I told him that I would be staying in my cabin a couple of nights and would not need him to service the cabin and wanted to make sure that I was okay. As a suite guest, I received Conceirge service and Francis was incredible. I did not visit the Conceirge lounge however Francis called me a few times to make sure everything was okay and asked if I needed anything. Lastly, Luis the Sommelier was extremely nice. I met him the first day and his energy drew me to the Chef’s Table on night 2. He was very knowledgeable and answered any questions that I had regarding the various wines. Overall, my rating was average for this cruise however it was the ship’s crew that made it enjoyable. If you’re looking for a ship with lots to do, this is not the one for you. If you are looking for a smaller vibe with dinners, a great singalong piano bar and some decent comedy shows, this would be a cruise for you. My next cruise is on the Independence of the Seas February 5, 2018 out of Fort Lauderdale. I will be cruising solo in a Grand Suite on this sailing as well. Based on my research, this appears to be an older ship as well however it’s bigger so I am hoping to spend more time outside of my cabin and doing activities on the ship.

Service Exceptional; Sailing was Rough