3. Carnival Breeze
We chose this cruise to the eastern Caribbean because we wanted to go to Key West, which was supposed to be our first port of call. Unfortunately, that was cancelled due to the devastation of Irma. So, we had an extra "fun day at sea" on our way to the Bahamas.. We didn't really have much fun on the sea days, but maybe we just didn't try hard enough? The evening shows were very good, we did enjoy those. The comedians were ok. Chris Tucker came onboard for a show while we were in Nassau. We didn't go to his show, but we heard that it was very good. We did like the ship, especially our cabin. We had an ocean view cabin on deck 1, mid ship, starboard and it was fabulous!! We had the king bed arrangement with a sofa and coffee table. It had two bathrooms with plenty of shelf space (only one toilet however) and four closets!! There was even a dressing area with knee space and a stool for makeup, hair, etc. We packed a lot of things we didn't end up needing (ie: over the door organizers), but the lack of electrical plugs is still a problem, so we did need that extension cord. The food was really good. We usually ate breakfast at the marketplace on the lido deck and dinner in the main dining room. We had brunch in the main dining room on one of the sea days. It was ok. We thought it would be a buffet too, but it wasn't. We decided that we preferred the larger assortment of breakfast foods available at the marketplace. Dinner in the main dining room was definitely worth dressing for. We initially thought we would try the steakhouse one night for dinner, but the menu in the main dining room changed our minds. My hubby really liked Guy's burgers and the 24 hour pizza place too. The service on the Breeze was wonderful, except for the bartenders. The cabin steward, Adjuana, was very nice, as was our dining room waiter, Vladimir. They both provided wonderful customer service. All the waiters in the marketplace were great too, which leaves me bewildered about the attitudes of the bartenders?? We bought the "cheers package" and it seemed that as soon as the bartenders saw the sticker, they didn't want to wait on us. At first I thought I was just imagining it, but it soon became more than obvious. We finally gave up. There wasn't one day either of us had the six drinks that it takes to break even on the package, not even on sea days. Needless to say, we won't purchase that package again. We did enjoy our excursions in Freeport and Nassau. We went to the onboard excursions desk to ask them for a recommendation and they were very helpful. The weather was picture perfect in both ports even though Hurricane Maria was not far away. We did sight seeing tours in both cities and really enjoyed both. Overall, I would say that we had a good experience on our first cruise with Carnival. I thought the Breeze was a great ship, especially for younger people and children (we are in the 50 - 60 age group). We live near Galveston, so I'm sure we will cruise with Carnival again. Maybe they'll get that bartender problem straightened out by then????

Cruising on the Breeze after Irma

lrosek’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin 6N 1303
Our ocean view cabin was much larger than we anticipated with two bathrooms, four closets and lots of storage and shelves. My sister-in-law and her husband had an inside cabin and it didn't seem nearly as large.
Deck 1 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins