3. Norwegian Epic
I chose this cruise due to being able to board in Barcelona ( half an hour flight) and the fact that the ship has studio cabins. Embarkation was extremely well organised and I was on board by midday, everyone was welcoming and friendly. I was astonished by the size of the ship! I headed straight for some lunch at O'Sheehans the off to the pool deck for a Mojito. By about 1.30 it was announced that the staterooms were ready, so went off in search of my studio on deck 11. I found it quite easily and found it to be perfect for my needs, it was well presented apart from the carpet not having been vacuumed and previous occupants shoes under the bed! No big deal, I was just so excited to be on board! The studio area is key card accessed and there is a private lounge which I didn't really use but ideal for single travellers to meet up. This was a week to find out whether or not I would enjoy a cruise so didn't take any shore excursions other than Naples and Cannes which I did on my own. I just loved being on the ship! I found the food to be excellent, I ate mainly in the Garden Cafe, there was loads of choice and themed nights at dinner, I always enjoyed breakfast at the Great Outdoors area, lovely friendly staff and fab omelettes cooked to order. I enjoyed a meal at Shanghai's, didn't try Taste or Manhattan, next time! I really enjoyed the bars, I met lots of lovely people from all over the world, I didn't feel the need to do any of the activities organised for solo travellers as I am happy meeting people on my own. Entertainment was great, always something going on and some thing for everyone, again I always met new friends and had a great time! Priscilla and Burn the Floor were fantastic! As a solo traveller I had an amazing time and met some wonderful people, often dining with new found friends, a fantastic week .. in fact I loved it so much that I have already booked the same ship, same cabin for the Transatlantic cruise to Florida in November 2018! Only tiny niggles were the service at Waves pool bar. . a long wait.. and my cabin nevery did get vacuumed. But I had an amazing week!

Loved my first cruise!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by siestaloz

siestaloz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Studio
Cabin T1 11539
Perfect for a solo traveller, everything was perfect for me, storage was fine, a particularly quiet location, everything worked. Only minor niggle was that cabin was not vacuumed on arrival or during the cruise. I should have asked really.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins