3. Caribbean Princess
We chose this cruise for the variety of ports covered. We enjoy port intensive cruises. Embarkation was pretty smooth. They kind of put you in a holding pattern after check in. I've never experienced this before but it was fine-about a 20 minute wait. The main reason for the average rating? The room. Stained carpet. Stains on walls and doors, door jams. Peeling wallpaper. Black around the shower grout. Annoying squeaky bathroom door. Was a real letdown to see the room. Also, I've never had such thin walls before. I could hear my neighbors at times, even if they were just speaking with average volume. Daytime entertainment was just not enough IMHO. Food was mediocre, except for the desserts, in MDR. Crown Grill was excellent. Now for the pluses. Entertainment was some of the best we've encountered in 10 cruises. We saw an Irish comedian( twice), a British comedian-singer, Celtic dancers, and the Princess "Piano Man" show. Unfortunately you needed to get there 45 minutes early to get to the 8:15 show or there were no seats. Princess did have a 10 pm show too but, really, who wants to stay up when you have an 8am shore excursion in the morning? Service in the buffet was excellent, probably the best I've ever had in a buffet. There was no wait for drinks. All the staff were friendly. I couldn't even single one out. We missed the first port ( Guernsey) due to weather. We had an overnight in Dublin. I enjoyed this but you really need an overnight in Edinburgh too. We missed LeHavre due to a dock workers strike. Many people were upset about this but I felt it was out of Princess control. The nice thing was they took us to out missed port of Guernsey that day. In conclusion, I might try Princess again but only on a newer ship.

Excellent Ports, Average Ship Experience

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by goldiep

Daytime entertainment was just not enough IMHO.

Food was mediocre, except for the desserts, in MDR. Crown Grill was excellent.

All the staff were friendly. I couldn't even single one out.

In conclusion, I might try Princess again but only on a newer ship.
goldiep’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IE B336
Very small inside. Stained carpet, stained wall, peeling wallpaper. Black on shower grout.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins