3. Columbus
My wife and I have been on over 100 cruises and the production show entertainment on this ship was in the top 10 that we have ever seen. Unfortunately, that's where it ends. The ship itself was dated. Overall, the food was below average. One night, I was served salmon that was gray. Another night, I selected swordfish and it was unrecognizable. In the main dining room, eggs benedict was only available on Monday mornings. If you wanted black pudding with scrambled eggs, it was available only on Thursdays,etc.. It was perhaps the first cruise and I have never been on that did not serve lobster, at least once. I have never had to pay for a scoop of ice cream, on deck, until this Cruise. And there was no ice cream dessert at lunchtime. Another example, a half of a grapefruit was available but it was not cut into sections as you would find on other cruise lines. The daily program was not arranged by time of event or activity. It was a series of squares which made it hard to figure out activities at any given time. The program I am looking at now has 33 separate areas that have to be reviewed to figure out what's going on. We played a reasonable amount of trivia which was popular. On every other cruise we have been on, If there were six people in a team, the winners would receive six pens, keychains, pouches or whatever. On the Columbus, one pencil or one keychain was given per winning team. Each member had to share the one cheap prize. Good grief! In our cabin, we had separate shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. One of our friends who had a slightly lower category requested the same but was told they had to use the "all in one" soap hanging on the wall in the shower. Separate liquids were not available for them. Daily activities and enrichment programs were almost nonexistent. The phone in our cabin had buttons to call various departments. The button caption never matched the department that picked up the phone. The daily excursions were OK, adequate but nothing outstanding. As far as the crew was concerned it was hit or miss. Somewhere outstanding and others were very discourteous.

Super entertainment, that's all!

Columbus Cruise Review by regtir

Daily activities and enrichment programs were almost nonexistent.

The daily excursions were OK, adequate but nothing outstanding.

regtir’s Full Rating Summary
Get Columbus price drops

Our cabin was nice. Plenty of storage space.