3. Norwegian Breakaway
The Facts: Fourth of July week, Ship to capacity. This was our third sailing on NCL Breakaway and our fourth on the holiday week. My wife and I are summer vacation people due to our employment. We were in a Spa Mini Suite which gave us access to the spa, a nice quiet area that provided respite from capacity. We were lucky enough to get Vibe passes for the week, another respite from capacity. Yes, the ship has a lot of people aboard. That said, we had a very enjoyable time. Our cabin was as expected. Noel was our room steward and was exceptional. I have a habit of making requests at the start of the cruise along with a decent tip in advance of service. Noel was gracious throughout, excelled in providing excellent service, and never missed any one of our request. We also tipped again at the end of the cruise. Mini Suites have very nice and spacious bathrooms. They are a little larger than Balcony rooms but the bathroom is well worth the price. I found the bed a little hard, my wife was ok with it. I slept well. Noise from above at times was noticed but really not a problem. Dining was reserved before the cruise. We ate at Le Bistro twice, Cagney's, and La Cucina for specialty. Manhattan room for other dinners. Taste, Savor, and O'Sheehan's for breakfast. O'Sheehan's, Margarataville, and Taste for lunch. In all venues, wait time was not a problem, service was good, and food was fine. We were disappointed with our second Le Bistro meal. The menu has changed and Lobster and Duck Breast is no longer available....disappointing but not vacation catastrophe ! We don't do any shows, sometimes not by choice but because of time. We enjoy playing cards. We find the staff in the Casino very friendly and enjoyed our time there. Yes, we donated to the cause.....it is a casino after all. Bermuda is Bermuda......If you haven't been, you must. We were disappointed that NCL's ferry to St. Georges had broken down the week before we arrived and still had not been fixed. This is an added feature to Bermuda on NCL and we were looking forward to the convenience. The best advice I could give you is research before you book and cruise. Understand you are on a ship with 4000+ passengers. At no time did we feel crowded or have to wait for dining. Know that NCL crew is doing their best to provide and enjoyable time so that you return. Nobody is perfect.....Nothing is perfect....if that is your expectation, stay home! Also, understand that the crew works very hard, long hours, and are trying their best....again...nobody is perfect. We will be doing this cruise again in September as it will be the last on Breakaway for a while....next year is the Escape.

Third time...Still enjoyable