3. Caribbean Princess
We chose this cruise because of the itinerary, however I was led to believe that Princess was a notch higher than Celebrity so my expectations took this into consideration. This was not the case, this Princess cruise did not come close to my experience on Celebrity. The ship is older and it shows in the set-up of the ship and the condition of the cabins. Our's wasn't particularly clean (bathroom smelled, dirty carpet). The cruise was taking us in colder climates and a lot of the amenities of the ship could not be taken advantage of due to the cold (pool, exterior movie screen, outside decks). I don't know why Princess would have chose this ship for a cruise in this location,. it would be much more suited for the Caribbean, as its name indicates. The food was good in general and I appreciated that they had choices on the menu from the area that we were visiting. I also appreciated the "anytime" diner option which allows you to arrive at anytime and dine with whomever you want to. Waiting times were very reasonable. Staff were in general very pleasant. I found that the cruise lacked ambiance during the sailing periods. There would be music here and there, but it was often very subdued music and there weren't several options at the same time. The nightly shows were good. One thing that I did not appreciate is that I had ordered roses for my wife's birthday by way of my account for the cruise and they were never delivered. I was not charged for them, but if I ordered them it was because I wanted them delivered. The order was there in the days before the date that they were to be delivered, and dissapeared after the date had gone by. This is unexcusable!! I would certainly think twice before taking another Princess cruise.

Did not live up to expectations

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Cookie1010

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

Staff were in general very pleasant.

I would certainly think twice before taking another Princess cruise.
Cookie1010’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OZ E501
The bed was comfortable but the cabin needed an update and a good cleaning.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins