3. Celebrity Millennium
My husband and I chose this cruise because we love to cruise and wanted an easy way to visit our son who is studying in Japan. We have never sailed on a transpacific or transatlantic cruise and were a little apprehensive about all the days at sea, but we really enjoyed it. We were able to sleep late and not worry about getting up early for a shore excursion. We did hit the remnants of a typhoon and had some rough seas, but the captain and crew handled it perfectly. I did not get seasick even though I do suffer from motion sickness. We thought the size of the ship was very good. We never had to wait in long lines at the elevators like we have had to on other ships. The Oceanview Cafe did get very crowded in the mornings at breakfast time, so it was hard to find a table, especially on those days when it was cold and rainy so no one wanted to eat outside. I liked the fact that there were stairs close to every bank of elevators. That made the elevators much less crowded. The meals in the Metropolitan dining room were very tasty. i did not like the scrambled eggs on the buffet or many of the bakery items. I love sweets, especially chocolate chip cookies, so I was disappointed in that aspect of the food. The cookies were frequently over-baked and tasteless. We did select dining and loved the flexibility. I would recommend getting reservations. On some nights, there were lines for those who did not have reservations. We loved the entertainment on the ship. The shows done by the Celebrity singers and dancers were fantastic. We loved the Forster Duo who played in the bars. The cruise director Paul Biya (sp?) was fantastic! We had a veranda cabin and we were happy with the amount of floor space, but storage is lacking compared to the cabins on Princess. I was disappointed with the drink service in the Oceanview Cafe. It seemed like there were not enough staff in that area. I often had to flag someone down to get them to bring me a mimosa or diet coke. Princess has much better service in the buffet area. Since this was a transpacific cruise, we had very few ports. We stopped in Sitka, Alaska; Otaru, Japan; Hackodate, Japan, and Yokohama, Japan. We did Celebrity shore excursions in Sitka, Hackodate, and Yokohama and enjoyed them. It would have been nice if Celebrity had provided a shuttle into Otaru. Although you can walk into the shopping area of Otaru, you have to walk along a very busy road with an uneven side walk. Embarkation was a bit crowded, but we did not have to wait in line very long. Disembarkation was very easy. The cruise director Paul said goodbye to us as we left the ship. That was a very nice touch. We enjoyed our cruise on Celebrity and would cruise with Celebrity again.

First Transpacific/Transatlantic Cruise

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by OUvballfan

We enjoyed our cruise on Celebrity and would cruise with Celebrity again.
OUvballfan’s Full Rating Summary