3. Azamara Journey
I was looking for a small ship cruise that would not have children dominating the pool and amenities so my Travel Agent recommended Azamara. Overall my wife and I enjoyed our NZ cruise very much, with superb service, unlimited cabin service, wonderful dining and a quiet veranda cabin we were set. On the down side the bathroom was too small for us and the balcony tight without room for a recliner couch. The ship had gone through a major refurbishment in 2016 (I think) so was immaculate. I would recommend upgrading to a better drinks package if you are a scotch drinker for instance. The basic beer and spirits are as described, very basic with only a choice of two beers. The pool and spa were wonderful with constant waiter service. I cannot express strongly enough the wonderful well trained staff on the Azamara Journey. My wife is sight impaired so her escort by a happy smiling staff member to dinner was always a treat. My only real complaint is the ship does not sell DUTY FREE liquour so buy your booze at the airport during transit or you will be disappointed.

What no duty free spirit purchases available

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by cruistwa

BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Thank you for the cruise review, cruistwa!
cruistwa’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Journey price drops

Club Veranda Stateroom
Cabin V1
Beautiful linen and comfortable Queen Bed. TV viewing was from the bed as the sitting area and TV location wasnot compatable.Plenty to watch with no hidden charges. Choice of pillows with twice daily room service. Fantastic. Lets not forget the turn down service and nightly treats. The balcony was adequate but only just.
Room service was fantastic. Anything from a cup of tea to a superb three courses was only a phone call away. The bathroom to small withvery little storage.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins