Emerald Sun Cruise Review by minmor3
- Sail Date: July 2017
- Destination: Europe River
- The port location was the furthest from the city center and absolutely nothing to look at. Remember with this cruise one spends a full afternoon, evening, overnight, breakfast and lunch aboard the ship sitting on the Danube.
- THIS WAS THE MOST ANNOYING aspect of our cruise: We always stay on the bottom floor because we spend very little time in the room just as when we are in a hotel and there is so much to see and explore outside of the room (in this case the ship)! If you are on the first floor there is a horrendous noise every time "anyone" on the ship flushes the toilet in their room. It's a loud pop and accompanied by a loud "waterfall" like noise. No kidding. Totally unacceptable!! How can EW market rooms in a floor that has this type of constant noise disturbance!?
- Buffet food was mediocre at best and reminded me of the dorm cafeteria food in my college days. The only bright spot was the salad variety. On the dinner selections, there was not one main course item that I would ever remember as tasty or flavorful. Nothing had any flavor! Every dish was bland.
- Very noisy dining lounge due to poor acoustic design. Another blunder by design engineers!!
- Big crowds and not enough stations for the breakfast and lunch buffets. High passenger to host/waiter ratios. Only 6 or 7 hosts/waiters for about 180 passengers. I felt bad for all the staff on the dining room.
THE ONLY BRIGHT SPOT: The staff in every department. From the Air dept. in Boston to the housekeeping crew to the captain. They do the absolute best they can and work very hard.
250,000+ people have entered their email