3. Liberty of the Seas
This was my first adventure with Royal Caribbean Pros: The biggest ship I've ever been on. Our Dinner staff were the best top notch quality ever received The broadway show was great The slides and flow rider were fun The views from the ship, deck 4 was a great place to relax Ease of getting off the ship at Foreign ports The cafe that was open 24 hours The cleanliness of the main areas Most of the staff Costa Maya and Cozumel were my favorite ports The Staff in Windjammer were awesome The children seemed pretty occupied, I never saw them. Not too many drunk people walking around Most of the food was delicious Cons: Our stateroom attendant wasn't very receptive to my mom in a wheelchair sometimes The room toilet had some problems You couldn't get to our stateroom from deck 2 at the back of the ship. You had to go up to deck 4 or 5 and go to the front of the ship. It was hard for a wheelchair. The main bathrooms were hard for wheelchairs to maneuver inside. The Roatan port is almost impossible to experience unless you book and excursion. The availability of the slides and flow rider were limited. I feel like they could have ran longer for the adults that didn't want to go to the shows. Not enough singles on the cruise haha Getting on and off the ship was terrible. Don't pack so much so you can get on and off the ship first thing when they get to Galveston. Otherwise, plan for at least 2 hours and long lines of confusion and disorganized staff. A lot of the mixed drinks were way too sweet Shore excursion communication wasn't up to par The pub had not so friendly attendants. I wish more things were open 24 hours Conclusion: All-in-All it was a great experience for my first Royal Caribbean cruise. There were a few things that made the experience a little less that exciting.

Great first experience with Royal Caribbean

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by shrimpglockenspiel

This was my first adventure with Royal Caribbean

Pros:

The biggest ship I've ever been on.

Our Dinner staff were the best top notch quality ever received

The broadway show was great

The slides and flow rider were fun

The views from the ship, deck 4 was a great place to relax

Ease of getting off the ship at Foreign ports

The cafe that was open 24 hours

The cleanliness of the main areas

Most of the staff

Costa Maya and Cozumel were my favorite ports

The Staff in Windjammer were awesome

The children seemed pretty occupied, I never saw them.

Not too many drunk people walking around

Most of the food was delicious

Cons:

The room toilet had some problems

You couldn't get to our stateroom from deck 2 at the back of the ship.

The main bathrooms were hard for wheelchairs to maneuver inside.

Not enough singles on the cruise haha

A lot of the mixed drinks were way too sweet

Shore excursion communication wasn't up to par

The pub had not so friendly attendants.

I wish more things were open 24 hours

shrimpglockenspiel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

The cabin was so very spacious. The room had a pull-out sofa, bunk beds that could fit my 6'4" frame and I had my own closet. I wish there was an iron that I could use. The toilet seat was cracked and the luggage holder in the closet came unbolted from the wall. There was plenty of storage and closet space for our clothes. My mother had a 4 wheeled scooter/wheelchair and we were able to park that and run there was still plenty of room to walk around. The windows were decently sized and they were nice too look out. 2268 is on the Starboard side, so you don't get to see the port. That's not a bad thing though. I was very pleased with the room and the square footage. It could easily fit 5 large adults if needed.
  Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans

• Beach
    This was amazing. You get a free shuttle there and a free taxi ride back. If you have a collapsible wheelchair, that will work as well. The ride to the beach is 5-10 minutes tops. There are a lot of people on the beach, but you get to know lots of great people that way. You can still relax even with the popularity of this excursion. You can stay as long as you want. There are attendants that give you drinks at no charge (please tip) unlimited amount as well. I don't recommend getting the icy drinks. Will was a fantastic attendant and very helpful. There is a swimming pool you can access if you don't want to swim in the ocean. Plenty of shade available, but make sure you get there early to get a spot.
  • Jeep Tour
    Jesus was a wonderful tour guide. Royal Caribbean lied to us about this tour though. When you book, you reserve your spot not the jeep. So if two people want their own jeep, then it may not happen. If you have 3-4 people, you will get your own jeep. Jesus was able to luckily get us our own jeep, so both of us could drive. Also, our ticket was printed to meet at the location at 8:15am. However, when we arrived at 7:45am the group had already left. So, please arrive early, otherwise they might leave you. Fortunately for us, they hadn't gone too far so we caught up with them. The Jeep's were awesome! The had a small lift on them and bigger mud tires. They were fairly new and the a/c was nice and cold. The tour started with a 30-45 minutes drive through cozumel to the other side. Then we started the four wheeling. The first part of the loop of four wheeling included a stop at a mayan village and a story from Jesus. Then we got back in our jeeps, turned around and made our next stop at a private beach. There we stopped for about 30 minutes for a delicious lunch. We had beef and chicken tacos prepared right at the beach. They were delicious and I didn't get sick from it at all. We couldn't swim at the beach because the rip tides were very dangerous. Then the drivers switched and made a 30 minute trip back the way we came. The terrain was very bumpy, but reasonable. In fact, I kept the Jeep in 2wd and was able to do it. It's more of a challenge that way, so I enjoyed it. On the way back we stopped at a tequila tasting and we learned about the process of tequila and met the locals. This was very lovely and we tasted some good tequila. You were also given time to buy some tequila for home if you wanted to. Then we drove back to the meeting spot. It was a little walk back to the port, but not too difficult to find. You can avoid most of the street vendors if you stay on one side of the road. This was an excursion that I highly recommend. It's a little expensive, but I think it was worth it.
    View All 133 Jeep Tour Reviews
  • Roatan
    Nothing to really do or enjoy if you didn't buy an excursion. The Vendors were very 'in your face' when you would try to venture to the parking lot to get a taxi. We ended up getting back on the ship very soon.
    View All 2,833 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews