• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Kochevnik42
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2017
Cabin:

I have cruised the Caribbean with other lines and loved the experience. My ancestry is Scandinavian so this cruise itinerary appealed to me. It was also a chance to reward my daughter for earning a PhD from Oxford(she accompanied me on the cruise).

From beginning to end, I have never had a better travel experience. The crew and staff were attentive, personable and efficient. I never heard “no” from any of them.

I think Viking is the only way to travel. Nothing is perfect, of course, and there are things that could be improved or changed, but overall it was such a great experience I’m repeating the cruise next year with my new bride. We will even repeat some of the same shore excursions as you can’t see everything in just one visit. We are booked on the same ship, but have upgraded cabin class as I missed having coffee to take out on the veranda in the morning.

Cabin Deluxe Veranda

The cabin was very comfortable and well laid out. There was enough room for us to move without getting in each other’s way. The bed’s are very comfortable. Lighting is well placed and more than adequate. Video monitor can be see from most of the room. Serviced twice a day, so cleanliness was never an issue. Drawer space is at a premium, but a full sized closet with lots of hangars helps make up for that.

Port Reviews

Eidfjord

This port call was cancelled because of the weather. Not Viking’s fault, but one has to fill in a rating. I hope to do the excursion next year on my repeat tour.

Aalborg

We went on the beer tasting excursion and had a great time.

Find a Viking Star Cruise from $3,279