• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Celebrity Silhouette Review

Editor Rating
1937 reviews
58 Awards

Excellent cruise on Silhouette!

Review for Celebrity Silhouette to the Western Mediterranean
tartana
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Inside Stateroom 10
Sept 14-22 on Silhouette
Room service menu
Cafe El Bacio
Central area of ship - view from elevator
Solarium
Aqua Spa cafe
Yummy breakfast buffet
Grand Foyer
Alfogotto with gelato at Cafe el Bacio :)
pool
Pradeep at the Mast Bar
Omar - great waiter :)
Marina - #loveher
9340 - sorry room was kind of messy lol

We cruised from Sept 14-22 on Silhouette - Barcelona, Ibiza, Marseille, Cannes, Villefranche, Livorno, and Rome. Two years ago, my daughter and I did the Eastern Med with Constellation and loved it so much we booked another trip doing the Western Med. It did not disappoint. I was even more impressed with Celebrity this time. The Silhouette is a beautiful ship. We loved the open center of the ship because every evening there was live music on the 4th level, but the "party" carried from levels 3-5 and even up through the center area of the ship. This was great in our opinion because you could sit on any of those floors (including the Cafe el Bacio) and enjoy the entertainment. We enjoyed the Mast bar seating area. We LOVE Cafe el Bacio! The lawn area was nice, but we didn't actually use it - we only had one sea day. The outside seating at the back of the buffet is very nice. Ensemble lounge is nice but very dark - almost too dark in my opinion. There are lots of quiet places all throughout the ship if anyone is looking to get away from everyone else. The library and card room are nice areas right off the central elevators. Quasar was a great quiet spot to grab a drink before the show. Thanks Geraldo (or Gerardo lol)! Solarium and Aqua Spa Cafe were a nice area, but we did not use it. Sky lounge was a great spot in the later evenings. We immensely enjoyed the theater as well. One comment - the theater seats and the dining room seats all lean back a bit too far for me. I often had to put my purse or something behind me. We noticed some others that were requesting a cushion, so it wasn't just me lol. Also, the "cupholders" in the theater are almost useless as they are too close to everyone, and it is too easy to spill your drink. I did miss the little tables they had on Constellation. We enjoyed the casino a little bit. The bar staff there were great even if just passing through.

Embarkation was quick; the tenders went quite quickly; we used self disembarkation and we were off in minutes (some of the first to go). Even on the days we needed to exit earlier, we had no problems. Just do allow a bit of extra time if it is the peak times.

We had a lowly inside cabin this time (lol) as we got an amazing deal - cabin 9340. This was a great location. It was very roomy. There is a faint "nightlight" on in the bathroom at all times, so it is not black at night. We didn't mind the inside cabin at all. The entry to the room is spacious which we appreciated - much better than Constellation had been in our balcony cabin. Our room steward, Jason, was the best :) There was lots of storage in the room and the bathroom.

Inside Stateroom 10

9340 was a great inside cabin - no noise at all - spacious entry way - lots of room in the bathroom - generous storage in room and the bathroom - faint nightlight in the bathroom at night, so it's not totally black in the room if you leave the door ajar - very central location

4 Helpful Votes