3. Grandeur of the Seas
This was our first ever cruise and it was chosen because of the Bermuda destination and Baltimore port. Almost the entire cruise travel was a game of cat and mouse with hurricanes - with the passengers - and crew, suffering as a result. Travel to and from Bermuda provided limited time for enjoyment of on-deck activities - except sitting - and the deck access was limited on more than one day due to the bad weather. Bermuda was almost a complete rainout - many shore excursion was cancelled due to the weather - but I don't blame RCP for that. Being our first ever cruise I was expecting RCP to try to mitigate the bottom line experience. We heard on more than one occasion "...well you booked a cruise during hurricane season so you should have expected this ..." I believe hurricane season lasts from June to November so I have trouble with that excuse rationale. Service was excellent. The dining room DINNER food was below average (Except for a one time Turkey offering that was excellent) - specially related to steaks/beef with the Windjammer being superior. The availability of draft beer was limited with only a couple of bars having taps - and those taps did seem to run out often. The embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly. I'm an FCC licensed amateur operator and was looking forward to communicating with fellow operators in Bermuda but RCP has HAM RADIOs listed as a prohibited item - right along with firearms - and I couldn't find anyone to explain why. Avoid RCP if you're an Amateur Radio operator!

Weather a significant - impact No RCP mitigation! Not for Amateur Radio Ops

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Nettysparks

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda

The embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly.

Nettysparks’s Full Rating Summary