3. Carnival Ecstasy
Background: I went on this cruise with my mother and grandma. I have been on several Carnival Cruises and an NCL. My mom has just been on Carnival, and this was my grandmothers first cruise. We booked the cruise in September for about 330$ per person. We had an inside cabin, U96. We were a little nervous about going on the Ecstasy because of the dry dock and previous reviews. When we got to the port in Galveston(around 11:30) we were told we would board around 12:00. Well we didnt board until 1:30. This was not a big deal, except I would have liked them to not tell me a time at all if they were not sure. No big deal though we made a mad dash to the buffet line and had a good lunch. Explored the ship, very clean. When we started walking to our room we noticed a strong sewage smell in the hallways. Turns out it was in our room too. We ignored it and continued exploring. We do not spend a lot of time in our rooms, so the inside cabin for three people worked for us. I would not recommend for people who like a lot of room. At dinner we met our waiter Jaime, what a great guy. Overall the food in the main dining room was good. One day we even had special Halloween desserts. I forgot how much I liked having the same waiter every night. Jaime always made our dining experience the best. As for the buffet it was good, buffets stress me out though. The food was good and it was busy most of the time. But thats expected! The staff around this area work so hard to keep up. They really do a great job while still being friendly to everyone. Dont know how they do it! For the next 4 days the smell around our room remained. This was honestly my only complaint on the cruise, I have no idea where this smell came from and sometimes it was stronger than others. We had some spray and used it often! Other than that we loved our room and the location. The shows on the ship were also great. Comedians were okay, but I did not go to the late show where I am sure they were much better! Bar staff were great, I can't remember a time where I hade to wait more than a minute! Also, I thought the drink prices were very reasonable. If you looked for specials and didnt mind not having a souvenir glass. Many of my drinks were 4.95$. Also went to the spa/salon. For $79 I got a neck massage, foot massage, and facial. Thought that was a good price. Although the location was not my favorite, I got put where everyone was talking and it was hard to relax. Very good though! Cozumel was perfect as well. We did the MExican Cuisine and loved it. Spent the first few hours cooking and drinking, then we ate and drank, then we hung out at the beach and could use all of they facilities there. It was a great time. Getting off the ship was another rough area for me. We were about an hour late because of weather. Then everyone was in a mad rush to leave. Although they were calling floors not many passengers were listening and that caused us to be delayed again. All said and done I enjoyed my cruise on the ecstasy, i thought the employees on the ship made my trip great. I would definitley consider sailing on the Ecstasy again!

Suprises on the Ecstasy

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by katie88f

katie88f’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Cabin U96
Small room, but great location. Smelly though!
  Carnival Ecstasy Deck Plans