3. Crown Princess
Two of the reasons that my wife and I chose this particular Transatlantic was that I was scheduled for the Shetland Island, Scotland and Iceland. These particular destinations were not being offered in 2018 and we wanted to see them, thus our decision. Due to high winds and heavy seas, the Crown did not stop at the Shetland Island port of call as there was a safety concern, and I understand that was the Captain's call and commend him for making that decision. Iceland was perfect and enjoyed the three ports of call and the tours. St. John's, Newfoundland, I had a photography tour scheduled, and there were problems with it. We were to meet at 0800 and be on the bus by 0830. We did not leave the meeting site until about 9840 to get to the street to board the bus, but the bus was not there and we waited in the inclement weather until the bus arrived and boarded for departure. The bus did not leave the pick up site until 0915+/- and we were scheduled to be back and unloading at 1230. The bus returned and unloaded us at 1200. Made a complaint to the Excursion Desk and found that I was not the only one to do so. The cruise line refunded 50% of the excursion price, which I compliment them on doing. One of the other problems was that I found was that the ability to enjoy time in the room watching a movie, general television was severely lacking in choices. There was BBC news or financial reports, British sports, game shows or other television programs on and they constantly re-ran the same programs over and over. There was no movie channel to pick a movie (spoiled by the Princess Regal I guess) and the television was mounted on a shelf above the minibar refrigerator so turning it on/off or changing channels was a pain. We have requested robes, but there were none available. Our room steward, Hank, was helpful and very gracious in his attempt to meeting our needs and keeping the room in great shape with towels and such. The Crown is eleven years old more or less and is going in for an overhaul which I hope will correct some of the problems.

Crown Princess Transatlantic September, 2017

Crown Princess Cruise Review by ChiefLnc7

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Iceland was perfect and enjoyed the three ports of call and the tours.

We have requested robes, but there were none available.

ChiefLnc7’s Full Rating Summary