3. Navigator of the Seas
Every Royal Caribbean seems to have both high and low points, and this one was no different. Prior to the cruise, we attempted to purchase all of out excursions online, primarily because they were offered at a 25% discount. So we selected all of them, but when we attempted to pay for them, the system failed repeatedly. When we contacted customer service, and they said that the system DOES have a problem, but that it will be fixed the next day so wait until the next day to purchase them. So the next day when we looked at them, the 25% discount was no longer shown. So we called customer service and were told that it the 25% discount was no longer available and that there nothing he could do about it. So we had to buy them without the discount. Eventually, I spoke with a friend who ran into the same situation, and when he called customer service, the agent entered his excursions one by one into the system WITH the 25% discount. I wonder why one agent can't do it but another agent can do it. Sheesh! I particularly liked the song and dance performances. They were very professional, and everyone enjoyed them. In one show, there was a group the "Bohemians", which strictly performed songs by "Queen". The first half of their show as way, way, way too loud - the guitars were so loud you couldn't really hear the vocals. The second half was fine though, and very enjoyable. The other entertainment shows (comedians, etc.) were okay, but I could have just have easily enjoyed myself as much with some of the other activities. The food in the Windjammer was fine with adequate variety. It was geared toward the British cruisers, but there were enough other selections available to satisfy my tastes. The food in the dining room was very good, and the service was excellent. However, there could probably be more variety in the selections over the entire cruise. We ate at two of the specialty restaurants several times. The food and the service were excellent. However, the menu did not change at all for the entire cruise. In the bars, one thing really bugged me - the bottled beer selections were different across the bars. I can understand the draft beer selections being different, but not the bottled bear. Most of the excursions were very enjoyable. We didn't do the Paris excursion since we had done it before (and really enjoyed it) but we didn't look forward to the 2.5 hour bus ride to get there. In the Canary Islands, we took the bus tours around each island, but they were a waste of time. We spent more time on the bus than sightseeing, not seeing very much interesting at all. If we ever go back, we'd probably just go ashore and walk around. As with most RC cruises, the service is generally very good by the cabin steward, and pretty good by the rest of the staff, including guest services. However, I give the shore excursions staff a zero - they were awful, and seemed to be pretty much indifferent. It almost seems as if they're there as some kind of punishment. Overall, we enjoyed the cruise and were glad that we took it.

Typical Royal Caribbean cruise - there were both high points and low points

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Rich.Henderson

Overall, we enjoyed the cruise and were glad that we took it.
Rich.Henderson’s Full Rating Summary