• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Rich.Henderson
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin:

Every Royal Caribbean seems to have both high and low points, and this one was no different.

Prior to the cruise, we attempted to purchase all of out excursions online, primarily because they were offered at a 25% discount. So we selected all of them, but when we attempted to pay for them, the system failed repeatedly. When we contacted customer service, and they said that the system DOES have a problem, but that it will be fixed the next day so wait until the next day to purchase them. So the next day when we looked at them, the 25% discount was no longer shown. So we called customer service and were told that it the 25% discount was no longer available and that there nothing he could do about it. So we had to buy them without the discount. Eventually, I spoke with a friend who ran into the same situation, and when he called customer service, the agent entered his excursions one by one into the system WITH the 25% discount. I wonder why one agent can't do it but another agent can do it. Sheesh!

I particularly liked the song and dance performances. They were very professional, and everyone enjoyed them. In one show, there was a group the "Bohemians", which strictly performed songs by "Queen". The first half of their show as way, way, way too loud - the guitars were so loud you couldn't really hear the vocals. The second half was fine though, and very enjoyable. The other entertainment shows (comedians, etc.) were okay, but I could have just have easily enjoyed myself as much with some of the other activities.

Find a Navigator of the Seas Cruise from $178