3. Grandeur of the Seas
As I live in the Baltimore area, it was very convenient to take a round trip cruise from our local port. The itinerary was also very attractive, cruising north on the East coast to Halifax, NS and back. I had cruised around ten times back in the 1990's and 2000's (on different cruise lines) and had been very impressed with the service and dining experiences. The Grandeur of the Seas has been updated and it looked fine. I was in Cabin 4056 which was nice and it was kept very clean. My biggest complaint was the quality of the food. It seems like there has been cost cutting in this area. Positives first: I had room service for breakfast every morning as all I want is coffee, cereal, fruit and yogurt. That was very nice and great service! Lunch was fine as I eat lightly and had mostly buffet salads. At dinner the service was very good, the bread and desserts were also very good. But the actual food was mediocre. For example there were at least three entrees that I couldn't eat: a "seafood pasta" that was mushy, "scampi" stir fry that tasted terrible, and even the lobster was soft and tasted odd. Some of the food had been sitting too long, like soggy salads. I heard quite a few complaints from others about the quality of the food. Some other positives: I enjoyed most of the night time entertainment. The ships' dancers and singers were great! As were the comedians. The ports were great to visit. We did all private tours through "ShoreTrips" which were very professional overall.

Weather and itinerary was perfect but the ship had some disappointments!

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Linda Rose