Viking Sea Cruise Review

Stunning!

Viking Sea Cruise Review by rwe2119wg@aol.com

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

We choose this cruise because it was the only one we found that went to both Norway, the Shetlands and Orkney. That was in 2015, the 2016 cruises were booked so we had to wait until 2017. This was our first booking with Viking. It was worth it. The cruise was wonderful.

The Viking Sea is new, clean, modern and just the right size for us (930 passengers).

Our cabin was small (3067), but manageable and comfortable. The cabin crew were very attentive and responded to our needs almost immediately.

While The Restaurant was very pleasant, The World Cafe served the same food and was most convenient after a long day ashore. We didn't feel the pressure of socializing or dressing when we were tired. The food was excellent and I loved the days when the crew got fish from the local markets.

I wasn't all that impressed with the Viking Singers and dancers. I thought they were somewhat amateurish. The quest speakers were first rate, however. Most interesting and apropos to the itinerary. The port talks were also very interesting and informative. I like that Viking has a small cruise ship atmosphere for the ocean ships.

I was somewhat disappointed with the Shore excursions. I didn't realize ( was not informed) that the higher your cabin rating, the more advance time you had to reserve your excursions. By the time we had our chance most everything we were interested in was sold out. Viking did explain that Norway does not have the availability of guides and resources that a lot of European ports have. We managed, however, with the help of the shore staff, who were always available.

Overall, our first Viking cruise was a total success and we have booked two more back-to-back in Jan. 2018.

rwe2119wg@aol.com's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Veranda 3067

The cabin seemed a little smaller than other ocean cruise cabins but it was manageable and comfortable. I loved the bathroom, the floors were heated, well lit and the shower was sizeable. It was well organized and I was able to have all my cosmetics, etc. in convenient spots.

rwe2119wg@aol.com