Viking Sea Cruise Review

Cruise of a lifetime

Viking Sea Cruise Review by west1957

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

Had never seen this area of Northern Europe and this cruise offered stops at several countries, plus there was an included tour in each city as well as many optional tours. Everything on this cruise was perfect and a great value for the price. This was our third Viking cruise in the last 18 months. We have found that Viking cruises offer high quality dining with a great variety and selection of foods. I especially loved the house special ribeye steaks at Manfredi's Restaurant. I ate 7 of them over the course of the cruise. Best steaks I have ever eaten. The staff on the ship was outstanding. We truly felt pampered. This was by far the best cruise we have taken and frankly I was not a cruise fan before our first Viking Cruise. We have considered checking out other cruise lines but feel we get such a great value for the dollar with Viking Cruises we will continue to cruise with them.

west1957's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Owners suite 7001

About a month before the cruise we got an email from Viking notifying us they upgraded our regular suite to the owners suite. We had stayed in a regular suite on a previous Viking cruise and while they are very comfortable the owners suite had additional amenities - an ocean view sauna, an extensive wine selection, and a conference room that went pretty much unused. I must say it will be hard to go back to a regular suite after being so pampered.

west1957