3. Viking Sea
I have always been interested in Scandinavia and to visit it on a small ship was a dream come true! The small ship allowed us to travel in areas not accessible by large ships, which took us to pristine small ports, allowing for very interesting excursions and adventures. The beauty of the fiords is indescribable, crossing the Arctic Circle unimaginable and the people so very interesting and welcoming. The Viking crew, staff, food service and Program Director are of the highest quality. All the services were above and well beyond my expectations! I was traveling with 17 friends , which could have been an issue when dining together on several occasions, not so on the Viking Sea. We were accommodated and welcomed even with that number of people. As to the quality of the food.........words escape me....all I can say is the food was absolutely delicious and special request were met. As a vegetarian, I was so pleased that there were always several options to choose from. Even though Viking Sea is a small ship there were 3 very unique restaurants, the large buffet-style dining room, a café by the pool, one on the bow of the ship and a wonderful afternoon tea room! I was so glad there was a fitness center where I could work off a small portion of my indulgence! The Spa facility was another surprise. The "Ice Grotto" experience was so exciting and fun! It is a MUST experience! Our cabin was very comfortable, roomy, and the balcony a treat; especially in Kirkwall, Scotland where we were charmed by bagpipe music and Scottish dancers as we departed. All in all, I can honestly say it was a trip of a life time, for me anyway!!!!! Since this was the first time Viking Sea had visited some of the ports, I did have 2 disappointing excursions. The first in Molde, Norway where the hike was much more difficult than I had anticipated. 4 of us decided to head back and we went unescorted, left on our own. The second was on an excursion to Mousa Island in the Shetlands. Our hike around the island was cut short because several guests were not prepared to hike. I was assured by the Viking Sea staff that those excursions would be re-examined to better fit the guests. The other 7 excursions were fantastic!!!!! My favorites were biking up a mountain on an electric bike, kayaking in the fiords to view 2 magnificent waterfalls, walking an Alaskan Husky, named Barkly, and an ATV adventure in Honningsvag! Looking for an overwhelimg adventure?" Into the Midnight Sun" will be just that! I would go again in a heart beat, well, maybe after I embark on several other Viking adventures!!!!! Loving to travel, Andrea Kristo (69 year old adventurer!)

Scandinavian Adventure 2017

Viking Sea Cruise Review by Kristoajk

Loving to travel,

Andrea Kristo

(69 year old adventurer!)
Kristoajk’s Full Rating Summary