3. Seven Seas Mariner
Regents’ overwhelming message, its Corporate Mission Statement is, I believe, is “ Boy are you lucky we let you sail with US. Really lucky, and don’t you ever forget it.” We started sailing Regent in 2010 and have sailed six times, 70 nights. We have sailed four times on the Mariner, once on the Voyager, and once on the Explorer. Our most recent sailing was Alaska in August, 2017 on the Mariner. We have had it with Regent and will never sail them again. They are arrogant and pompous to deal with, they do not respond at all to customer service complaints or issues, and the on board Uniform staff are arrogant as well. Regents’ overwhelming message is “ boy are you lucky we let you sail with us. Really lucky, and don’t you ever forget it.” It wasn’t all this work always this way, pre-MCL ownership. In our first sailing, Singapore to Sydney, on the mariner in 2010 the experience was wonderful in every regard. First of all, the ship was absolutely beautiful and in excellent condition throughout. The food was far, far better. I remember Unlimited sushi and sashimi on deck every day at lunch you never get it now. And the service was impeccable, at every level in every touch point. Through the years, the service and food has deteriorated steadily. The restaurants are way understaffed, most egregiously so in in Compass Rose, where the services painfully slow. On our last two cruises, Alaska in August and South America last February, there was not a single meal, not one, where are water glass was refilled without our asking, when we could find someone to ask. The condition of the mariner is deplorable. When we book to the South America cruise, we were told that the ship would have been newly refurbished. Region delayed it for you, blaming a shipyard hurricane, when everyone knew they just didn’t want to spend the money. The condition of the ship now is poor. The furniture in our horizon view suite, at the very rear the ship, was filthy. The faux [plastic] rattan furniture on the Veranda was falling apart. This suite was a $5000 upgrade. The day after returning from our Alaska cruise I had some questions about my final onboard invoice. I called Regent Customer Relations, and in keeping with the Regent approach to customer service got a voicemail. I left a message. I never got a call back. At the same time, I wrote corporate to express several concerns. I emailed Frank Del Rio, CEO of NCL and got no response. I sent him a follow-up, requesting the courtesy of a response, and got no response. I then forwarded both emails to Jason Montague, the CEO of Regent, and asked for his response. He never responded. We were stunned by the deterioration of the shipboard entertainment, which was outstanding on our South America cruise. It was dreadful on the Alaska cruise. They always have a duo, piano player and singer, in the Explorer Lounge before dinner. They were extremely weak. The dance company was no better than a high school group. The outstanding Regent Signature seven-piece orchestra has been cut back to five pieces. We have just booked our next cruise with Seabourn. What a difference at this early stage: they are absolutely delightful to deal with. It is night and day compared to Regent

Stunning deterioration in quality

odysseus1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Mariner price drops

Horizon View Suite
Cabin HS 990
This suite is a $5000 upgrade. The sofa was filthy. The faux [plastic] rattan furniture on the Veranda was falling apart. THe bed is squeezed into an alcove that gets very little a/c and was always way too warm at night.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins