3. Viking Sea
From the moment Viking met us at the airport to the moment they dropped us off, we felt like we were the most important couple on the ship, even though we had the least expensive cabin. The bartender remembered our names after the first night as well as our preferences. The waiters remembered my food allergy. The disembarkation staff allowed us off the ship early when we had a personal shore excursion. The food at the Chef's Table (included in the fare) was out-of-this-world! The "buffet" at breakfast was cooked when ordered, not sitting on hot pans waiting for takers. Wine and beer were included at lunch and dinner, but mixed drinks and single malts and bourbons were very reasonable. There was NO nickel * diming, no sales pitches for stores or pop-up boutiques. We did purchase another cruise while onboard and saved over $1000 compared to the prices I had checked before sailing. The entire voyage was relaxing yet intriguing. Ted Talks were always available on tv and in the theatres. There were 3 resident historians onboard who lectured every day - very, very interesting. Each ha his own area of expertise. The port talks the night before the next port were not centered on where to shop. They were centered on the history and culture of the port. What food you might want to try, the not-to-be-missed sights and experiences and things the area was noted for were all discussed. Disembarkation and embarkation at each port went very smoothly with no waiting in lines or standing on stairs in crowds. Water bottles were provided every time we left the ship. The room steward was outstanding in anticipating our every wish and coming up with surporises of his own.l The spa was the best of all the ships I have traveled, and the cost was incuded in the fare. The Viking Ocean ships are not flashy. The decoration is peaceful and based on the history of a famous tapestry on the Sea. The library was the best - I found a terrific new release book I had been wanting to read and left one of my own. Afternoon tea was always fun the beautiful wintrgarden. Above all, the ship never, ever felt crowded. There was always a seat to be found at the pool, in the game room, in the atrium or in the explorer's lounge. It was the best ocean cruise we have ever done, and we've done about 20.

Beautiful, peaceful ship with amazing staff

Viking Sea Cruise Review by fiber artist

It was the best ocean cruise we have ever done, and we've done about 20.
fiber artist’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

Comfortable king/queen or separated into xl twins bed with soft white linens and a pillow menu. Two arm chairs and a coffee table, desk, dresser and large closet. It was just the right size for two people. Every morning I walked into the bathroom and called to my husband "I love this heated floor!". (I have arthritis, and we have since installed a heated floor in our bathroom at home.) There is only one sink in the bathroom, but lots of space for two people and plenty of American outlets. We had more space than we needed to unpack everything. The A/C turns off when you leave the sliding glass doors open. The balcony is private and has two chairs. The mini-fridge is well-stocked. The tv is a large flatscreen and allows for checking your bill every day, the day's excursions, etc.
The best part of the cabin is the exceptionally well-trained steward.