3. Viking Star
To see new style ships, experience Caribbean, get away in winter we took this cruise. So glad we did before hurrricanes. Specialty restaurants were wonderful; reservations best for favorite time. Wine choices very good with courses. Good servers. Love pool side grill for lunch. Quick and tasty. Some excursions were not very good though it was island locations more than Viking issues. Some islands did not have much of interest to me. St Thomas WAS wonderful as WA Puerto Rico. So sad hurricanes destroyed them, Viking rep in hotel for extension was no help at all. Airline free flights were awful. We wanted to upgrade and only way to do so was to simply walk away from free seats and buy new ones. Typical of all Viking free fares. Everyone we talk to finds viking air services a disgrace. Make it easy to get business and first class if you offer free tickets and let me pay same as if i book myself...viking travel asked $700 more for business than i paid myself on Delta website. And i paid $100 extra to viking to have no say in bookings. Last year viking flew us from Baltimore to chicago then Zurich. On return from Amsterdam we also got the Chicago stop. When we went to Portugal they offered 17 and 23 hour connections with 2-3 stopovers in economy class. We walked away and bought our own tickets with one stop and 7-8 hours. Shame on you viking!!!!

Loved the new ship!! Food, cabins, service, excursions, ports.

Viking Star Cruise Review by Jackholt

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
Jackholt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Wonderful and well appointed. Wish TV had earphone jack or Bluetooth so my wife could mute volume and use headphones. Also should have HMDI input so i could plug in PC to tv. Love stocked refrigerator in cabin. Room always fresh and clean.