We chose this cruise after narrowing down the date range and what we wanted to do. I was happy to sail with Holland America again. I had a great experience with them many years ago. We were looking for a cruise and land package and Holland America had just what we wanted. We booked a vista suite and it was spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed the balcony quite a bit. The food was excellent, we ate in the main dining room, the Lido market, the Dive In and Pinnacle Grill. We never had a bad meal. The entertainers onboard were fun and engaging. We enjoyed all of our excursions; fishing, gold panning, whale watching, northern lights, dog mushing. The ports were very safe and charming. The staff onboard were all professional, knowledgeable and friendly. The spa was wonderful, I took advantage of one of their specials while my husband did our laundry. It was so convenient to have a self-serve laundry room on a 12 day vacation. All transfers were handled smoothly. I have never experienced such a speedy embarkation or debarkation from a cruise ship. The land portion of our trip included train rides, Denali and seeing the northern lights, which was a highlight of the trip. Sadly, we did not see any bears, caribou or moose, but we saw plenty of sea life and eagles. It was a great and memorable way to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

Amazing Alaskan Cruise

halhanher’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Zaandam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin BB 7060
The cabin was very spacious. The beds were very comfortable, we slept so well. We had a couch, desk/make up table - which was perfect - it had a wall and magnifying mirror and outlets for the hairdryer and my flat iron. It was great to do my hair and make up there. There were 2 hair dryers, one at the make up table and one in the bathroom. We had binoculars and 2 blankets which came in handy on the balcony when it got cooler. There was so much storage space, everywhere. Closets, drawers, cabinets, every inch of the suite had a purpose and it was beautifully laid out.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins