• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

halhanher
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Verandah Suite

We chose this cruise after narrowing down the date range and what we wanted to do. I was happy to sail with Holland America again. I had a great experience with them many years ago. We were looking for a cruise and land package and Holland America had just what we wanted. We booked a vista suite and it was spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed the balcony quite a bit. The food was excellent, we ate in the main dining room, the Lido market, the Dive In and Pinnacle Grill. We never had a bad meal. The entertainers onboard were fun and engaging. We enjoyed all of our excursions; fishing, gold panning, whale watching, northern lights, dog mushing. The ports were very safe and charming. The staff onboard were all professional, knowledgeable and friendly. The spa was wonderful, I took advantage of one of their specials while my husband did our laundry. It was so convenient to have a self-serve laundry room on a 12 day vacation. All transfers were handled smoothly. I have never experienced such a speedy embarkation or debarkation from a cruise ship. The land portion of our trip included train rides, Denali and seeing the northern lights, which was a highlight of the trip. Sadly, we did not see any bears, caribou or moose, but we saw plenty of sea life and eagles. It was a great and memorable way to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

Verandah Suite

Cabin BB

The cabin was very spacious. The beds were very comfortable, we slept so well. We had a couch, desk/make up table - which was perfect - it had a wall and magnifying mirror and outlets for the hairdryer and my flat iron. It was great to do my hair and make up there. There were 2 hair dryers, one at the make up table and one in the bathroom. We had binoculars and 2 blankets which came in handy on the balcony when it got cooler. There was so much storage space, everywhere. Closets, drawers, cabinets, every inch of the suite had a purpose and it was beautifully laid out.

Port Reviews

Vancouver

Vancouver is a very clean city. Everyone was very friendly. Sales tax is 12%, though.

Glacier Bay

It was amazing seeing the glaciers and watching chunks fall into the water. It was cold that day, but the views from the ship were awesome.

Find a Zaandam Cruise from $599